PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sonoma

badbobfishing33
07-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Any one fished Lake Sonoma lately? What's it like? Looks like it could have potential??? Thanks for your help!!

Fish On!

Diego916
07-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey, fished the lake last summer and didn't get one single fish! At least fishing Sutter Bypass or the delta I catch some dinks even if its all fished out, but Lake Sonoma gives you nothing but a big fat skunk for you money! Stick with Amador or the Delta ;)

badbobfishing33
07-13-2005, 09:23 AM
thanks diego

for the info.....much appreciated.....can you recomend some delta spots and how to get to them driving dirctions?? fish on!

gotbowz
07-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Badbob,

Cant say I've fished it recently but there are some nice land-locked steelies in Lake Sonoma. Last time I fished it we caught three to 18" but I know they get a lot bigger! I've been skunked a few times on trout, but I've always caught at least one bass, even when not targeting them. That's what the lake is really known for, some monster bass. I've heard the crappie can be entertaining too!

I say go check it out. Those steelies are a blast! Very acrobatic! Switch over for some bass action if the trout aren't biting.

-Chief

gotbowz
07-13-2005, 04:50 PM
My bad Badbob...forgot what board I was on :-[
Good luck for those cats, lol! I cant offer anything there!

Chief

Diego916
07-18-2005, 08:54 AM
thanks diego

for the info.....much appreciated.....can you recomend some delta spots and how to get to them driving dirctions?? fish on!

Sure. Where are you comming from? Sac area?

Lufty
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Sonoma is a nut, but when cracked, it's really nice! Summertime is good for Yourty Creek and Warm Springs arms, targeting smallmouth in the morings and sundown. Target them using bombers in shad colors and cast to the jumps.

Cats can be taken daytime using the sink and drag up mudpiles durring the day, and crawlers at night. Never had any luck with livers or cat baits. Last year we got a few 8lb and 12 lb eaaarly in the am, like 4am, and saw a 18lber taken at the creek by the boatramp in Yourty as well.

My $0.02

Lufty