PDA

View Full Version : full moon

murph1135
01-29-2010, 09:39 AM
tough fishing a full moon fact or fiction? :-/

RickRyder
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
In the summer it seems to be hot...Dunno bout winter time tho...

Paul707
01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I think it effects different fish in different ways... sometimes good sometimes bad...

panther
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
My nonscientific view is...it always seems to be bad the day following a full moon. I've assumed that fish get "tricked" more by the light that the full moon provides. They feed more and thus are less aggressive the next day. I clicked this link because I'm interested to see what others think.

Panther

Canoefish
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I've always felt the topwater bite was good with a full moon.

King James
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
If I have a choice I will plan my fishing trip and avoid the full moon. I have found that avoiding a full moon produces a good stringer.

BASS-O-MATIC
02-02-2010, 04:03 AM
I seem to have better luck the the week inbetween the new and full moon or the other way around.

JefffromLivermore
02-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Well, it seems it perks me up more than the fish. I have had mostly bad luck on or after a full moon. I usually only fish for trout and mostly at Del Valle.
On the ocean it didn't affect the rockfish bite the few times my trip was around a full moon.

Reno_Flytyer
02-02-2010, 07:19 AM
During full moon periods, I usually grow more facial hair and tend to run around a lot at night howling my fool head off, so I don't get much of a chance to fish and offer a valid opinion. If you do see me out then, don't try to engage me.
RFT

I know, this is a useless post...just trying to have a little fun.

CrappieJed
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
LOL........i like that reno ;D

For many years now I have practice what the Linders have been talking about and the same thing Virgil Ward use to talk about...and that is 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon is some of the best fishing.....looking back in my notes they are very correct. Al even talks about some lakes do good while other lakes not so good during the full moon. I was up at Paulina lake in orgeon Brown trout fishing and I actually seen large Browns in the moon light turning over flat rocks searching for Crawdads. so some fish do use the light of the moon.......no we couldnt get the Browns to even look at our offerings!

CJ

Float_N_Fish
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I have better luck for browns just before or after the full moon if I can fish when the moon is close to overhead or underfoot.*

It sure messes up duck and deer hunting...

[smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif]

Bloodthirsty
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I have been full time fishing since 03.....I have learned...do not fish a week before or after a full moon. Something weird happens with the fish.......? I speak from experience. There we'll always be stories. I still fish with a full moon...if thats all I got. But my notebooks say.......dont bother.

doublestrike
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I only get to go on the weekends, and to be real truthful, I can't say it has an effect one way or the other. I just keep changing stuff till they start taking it. I look at the tables that some put out and then go fishing anyway. I gotta do it, I just gotta do it! :D

Garden_Valley_Fish
02-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Berryessa 1/1 full moon (Blue )
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/gvfphoto/10lbbass.jpg

Pyramid 2/2 full moon
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/gvfphoto/22.jpg
We ended the day with 15

I dont let the moon interfere with my fishing!

Whitney1145
02-04-2010, 01:48 AM
I assumed it would not have any affect on the fish under a big sheet of ice at Caples this weekend, but I was clearly wrong... a few bites and a small brown, otherwise very poor fishing from the last reports a week before. Beautiful day though! Not a total loss ;)