PDA

View Full Version : 2nd rod stamp

seapro2001
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Would someone know if I need a 2nd rod stamp in order to fish 2 rods on a boat in Delta area? I was told by someone yes, but fish and game stopped by my boat a couple of times, which i was fishing 2 rods, but all they asked was the license.

Thanks guys,

ric1ric
10-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Yes you need a two rod stamp, you just got lucky. Don't push your luck its expensive.

Seon
10-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Would someone know if I need a 2nd rod stamp in order to fish 2 rods on a boat in Delta area? ...

Thanks guys,

Hummm, they sell 2 rod stamps which you didn't buy but still fished with 2 rods??* Then you get checked but not cited?* Color yourself "Lucky"* :-? ;D ;D

seapro2001
10-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate it. Will get 2nd rod stamp...

FishbucketII
10-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Some figure that since you have a licence, you bought the stamp. Others... not so much.

you had luck.

Cofaxtroutman
10-14-2009, 07:09 AM
You also probably needa delta bay stamp.

Jetspray
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Yep you need to check the regs before you go fishing anywhere. An out of state lic alone costs $110 for us to fish Calif, then the stamps, ocean lic, delta lic, cards for reporting......on and on.......Jetspray

reversegut408
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Would someone know if I need a 2nd rod stamp in order to fish 2 rods on a boat in Delta area? I was told by someone yes, but fish and game stopped by my boat a couple of times, which i was fishing 2 rods, but all they asked was the license.

Thanks guys,

Are you above the Carquinez bridge? I thought you can only fish with 2 rods if you are above the Carquinez bridge?

seapro2001
10-15-2009, 12:13 AM
I have the Delta stamp, and I fish around bay point/pittsburg. Well one time I read the CA fishing regs (about 6 mos ago) and it said you can fish 2 rods on a boat(no 2nd stamp was mentioned), it's the types of hooks that you need to properly use depending on what types of fish you're going for. I could be wrong....

ReelJerks
10-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Since you posted this in the FRESHWATER forum...

2.00. Fishing Methods--General.
(a) All fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto. Anglers in possession of a valid two-rod stamp and anglers under 16 years of age may use up to two rods in inland waters which regulations provide for the taking of fish by angling, except those waters in which only artificial lures or barbless hooks may be used.

This is from the Freshwater Sport Fishing book.

And for the Delta stamp;

Required for* anglers to fish in the following waters:

* * * The tidal waters of San Francisco Bay and Delta - The areas east of Golden Gate Bridge and into the San Francisco and San Pablo bays, and Carquinez Strait.
* * * The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta - This includes all rivers, sloughs, canals, cuts, forebays, and flooded islands within the area south of Interstate 80, west of Highway 99, north of I-580, I-205, and I-120, and east of I-680. This area includes the Cosumnes River west of Highway 99.
* * * The Sacramento River below Keswick Dam, the Feather River below Oroville Dam, the Yuba River below Englebright Dam, the American River below Nimbus Dam, the Cosumnes River west of Highway 99, the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam, the Calaveras River below New Hogan Dam, the San Joaquin River below Mendota Dam, the Stanislaus River below Goodwin Dam, the Tuolumne River below LaGrange Dam, and the Merced River below Crocker-Huffman Dam.

seapro2001
10-15-2009, 02:41 AM
thanks alot for the info...

DeltaDude
10-15-2009, 04:43 AM
If you plan to fish with 2 rods, you should always get the stamp. Much better to be in compliance whether it's required or not. They aren't that expensive and you got very lucky you weren't cited. Those guys act like they're just waiting to find something to nail us on >:(

Fish On Dudes! 8-)