PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Issues..Greenville Fire

TeleComCal
09-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Does anyone have a web site that I can check out to see what the impact is from the Greenville fire on fishing spots? I want to take my family out fishng Sunday, and want to be able to check out some lakes and the air quality before we go. Don't want to get yuck lungs from fishing.

Any and all help would be great. Thanks all in advance.

Pyramid_Kid
09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
I can tell you right now that the air quality is going to be poor. I am an aircraft mechanic on a fire fighting helicopter and almost got assigned to that fire but they have more aircraft than they know what to do with. The fire itself if huge and the smoke is very bad. Susanville is very smokey as is everything south and east of the fire. But if you can be north and west of it you could be ok.

Do a web search (google) for the moonlight fire in california. That should give you some info that could be useful.

drstressor
09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I drove back to Reno down I-5 and Rt89/44/36 this afternoon and the smoke was terrible all the way. *We could not see Shasta until we were right in front of it. *Ash was dropping out of the sky in Susanville.

gmj
09-09-2007, 06:32 AM
I fish Lake Almanor 4-5 days a week from May 1st through October. I'm sitting at my Chico residence now--because of the heavy smoke in the Chester/Lake Almanor Basin. I've been 'smoked out'. Hopefully-things will change in a week or so. Those big browns are calling me.

TS5655
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Fire is over 50,000 acres with only 16% containment. It is getting a wind shift today with winds shifting to northeast winds today which should push the smoke back down into the valleys again. This thing is a long ways from being over.

TS