PDA

View Full Version : Noob Berryessa question

Anti_Hero_Fisher
07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Going out next week and I never been. Going to take the boat out. So whats the best way to fish there? Topline or use downriggers?

And how about bait wise? Small grub with corn or what?

Any other good fishing there?

If anyone gonna be there next week I might see you there

Ill be there for a couple days sooo yeah

Good luck

and thanks

AHF

Fish On

n2trout
07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
If you are targeting kokenee, then you definitley want to use downriggers. Hoochies, Radical Glow tubes, Uncle Larry spinners, apex's, and wedding rings all tipped with corn seem to produce the best results. Green Giant Shopeg corn soaked overnight in anise or garlic usually works the best. You can catch trout and kings on these same set-up's *too.
Bass fishing is pretty good there too. I would try Senko's and crank baits off points.
If you launch from the Spanish Flat area, its closer to the Big Island area that most of the koke have been caught at recently. I believe across from that is the Ranch House area that everyone has been having luck at as well. If you scroll back through previous posts you will find out which launches are free and closer to the areas you want to fish. There should be a map for the lake here on the Sniffer board.
I hope I got all the names right, this was my first year fishing the lake. I am trying to head out there myself Tuesday for a test run on my equipment before the Sniffer-fest at UVR. :)
Good luck and I'll be looking forward to your report. ;)

P.S. It looks like Capell Cove may be the free launch.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/berryessa.html