PDA

View Full Version : Need good online fishing store

fishtime
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Anybody got a good online store for fishing supplies at a reasonable price?

waterdog
06-23-2004, 05:59 AM
In a word cabelas.com
Waterdog ;D

fishtime
06-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Been there done that

kingcole
06-23-2004, 07:32 AM
The other obvious option is bassproshops.com

I have used both several times for tackle and reels. I like to shop for my rods at the store to get a good feel for the action.

Both are pretty competitive on price and offer coupons fairly often.

If you want lower cost Walmart is tough to beat for lures and terminal tackle. Fishermans warehouse has great selection and pretty decent price and you get salesmen with knowledge vs online and walmart.

:-/

Splash
06-23-2004, 11:51 AM
How about tacklewarehouse.com? These guys are specialized in bass fishing tackles but no shipping charge $50 and more & good service. Good luck!

fishstix
06-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I'll usually browse around at www.gofishin.com Sometimes they'll have what I need othertimes no go. When they do have it you can usually save 20% to 80%.

FS

ratss427
06-23-2004, 03:33 PM
cabelas,bass pro shops or e-bay.

PEP
06-23-2004, 04:26 PM
http://www.ffo-tackle.com

Great store with good prices.

PEP

Mr_T
06-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Couple of them to check out.

Catfishconnection.com
Lithosjigs.com

ghostfish_slayer
06-23-2004, 09:34 PM
i second fishermans factory outlet.have bought some nice gear for good deals from them.

ghostfish_slayer
06-23-2004, 09:42 PM
mor-tac tacle for all you lure makers.and hardware fisherman............. check it out.

Mickey_Thomas
06-24-2004, 04:30 AM
For me its Cabelas, they have a big selection, good prices, overnight delivery if you need it, and of course the 100% guarantee. If you can't find something and call them they "will" find it for you.

Kid_G
06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I second tacklewarehouse.com. Try to get all your shopping in one shot. As Splash mentioned, free shipping if it's $50 or more. Sometimes, worldwaters.com has decent stuff on clearance. I also use cabelas and ebay frequently. good luck!

AllFish
06-25-2004, 04:20 PM
I have used Cabelas and bass pro. I usually check the price at wal mart or a local tackle shop before ordering to make sure I get the best price. I have also used Ebay, you have to have time to look around their site but you can find some deals.

Mr_T
06-25-2004, 07:15 PM
hey ghostfish slayer, isn't MOR-TAC the same as the old Pen Tac supplier? I think they are one and the same- make the sweetest silver plated french blades for stelhead spinners I've ever come across.

I think Jed Davis is the man behind the business, wrote a great book back in the 80's on spinner fishng for steelies....

ghostfish_slayer
06-25-2004, 10:17 PM
it may have been the same as pen-tac.(must do more searching) i just learned where to buy mor-tac hardware in bulk last year.i have seen some mor-tac filled cabnets at tackle shops,they always got my attention.kind of high priced though.i stumbled across a forum on the steelhead site which directed me to a link,with a write up on spinner and spoon fishing for steelies.which also hinted to try mor-tac steelie spoons,instead of little cleos that the plating is different they reflect light differently and they cost less.the write up had the website on it so i checked it out. then bought 25 or 30 steelie spoons at like $1.00 or less each.the only tackle shop that caries little cleos in my area went from $1.99 to $3.99 last year because we bought alot of them.other people would see us wacking steelies on cleos left and right,so they would go buy them.the tackle shop owner knew he could make more money knowing he was the only one in town with them.so i did some searching and bingo.i also use spinners for steelies, the old half fast spinners they are different now,so i will start making my own spinners also.i like my chrome f-7's the best. all in all it was a cool link that i found and would like to pass that to other fishermen.they have a lot of good stuff at mor-tac with good prices for all kinds of hardware building.

Erreck
06-26-2004, 08:27 AM
For tackle:
-shastatackle.com
-vancestackle.com
-eagleflyfishing.com

For everything else:
-cabelas.com
-bassproshops.com
-ebay.com
-bigfishtackle.com

Those are the ones I use the most.

Erreck

Mr_T
06-28-2004, 12:42 PM
The real nice thing about the Mor-Tac spinner blades is that they are plated with real silver, not nickel; in the water the silver flash is must stronger than nickel which tends to get kinda dim. (like me after a few beers!)

;)

ABUGARCIA209
07-04-2007, 06:14 PM
craigslist,ebay

rtandersen
07-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Try thing spot www.stevesfishingsupplies.com

troutfan
07-05-2007, 02:54 AM
Try *thing *spot www.stevesfishingsupplies.com
I have used Steve's store many times and his prices are competative and he gets his orders out quickly.

twoelk48
07-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Have you checked out Kokaneemart.com or Crystal Basin Tackle co?

NRSCOUT
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Purchased a number of items from kokaneemart.com this year and have caught a lot of fish. Great online store lots of kokanee and salmon gear. Shipped quickly to your door. Sounds a little like an advertisment. Sorry about that, I just appreciate good service.

Go hookem up !!

Yaker
07-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I tend to split my hard earned money between Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. Truth is, Walmart usually beats their prices. It's just I hate going inside Walmart...