PDA

View Full Version : Come On

fishing_man
07-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Sniffers i posted this before with no replys. Are you guys telling me that nobody has been to Indian Valley Reservoir ?????

kingcole
07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
never been there and I'm guessing by the lack of response it's not a hot spot on this board...

Fish_R_Us
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
We spent last week up at Lk. Pillsbury/ S. Eel River area. The Lk. Pillsbury water level was the lowest I've ever seen since the '84 drought. The Pogie Point campgrounds are high and dry. The island is accessible via land bridge. The closest fishable water was twords the Marina.

The Eel River (below Pillsbury)was low also. It appears that the discharge from the dam is probably minimal

I'd be willing to bet that IVR is also at very low levels. Perhaps the main channel (back end twords Bartlet Springs) is good for catfish. That area has the still-standing tree trunks that are left to provide cover.

johnbfishin
07-16-2007, 02:32 PM
fishing man, you might get a response from the koke guys on that board but I think most have given up on IVR this year. From what I've heard: low water makes launching difficult, the trees there grab gear and the bite just never got going.......either that or mums the word but I doubt that is the case. 8-)

shel911
07-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Fridays local paper shows the IVR being down 70 feet and dropping. With the trees in there it could get kinda iffy. Catfish,bass and crappie are doin ok but hardly any report off kokes. Shel

fishing_man
07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
yeah want to try for bass or cats what do you guys use there

planodan
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
never been there..