PDA

View Full Version : MORNING SHAD?

Smitty
05-12-2004, 01:03 PM
DO SHAD BITE IN THE MORNING? OR IS IT PRIMARILY A LATE AFTERNOON/EVENING BITE? I'M PLANNING ON HEADING OUT SAT. MORNING AND DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME.

judyann
05-12-2004, 01:58 PM
You can catch them all day, but morning and evening are the best.

1datg0taway
05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
from my personal experience, the good thing about shad is that they do bite all day. i mean, they are there, it's just up to you to keep on casting till they bite. oh man, i'm getting all excited just talking about it. i'm going this weekend again and hopefully i can prove myself correct ;D

Fish-on
05-12-2004, 05:42 PM
your right about the all day bit, but from my personal experience the evening/last 30 min of sunlight is the best. I am sure many others will diagree, but hey it happens and there is no wrong answer just different experiences

sehoner
07-05-2007, 01:11 PM
i dont really know anything, i just wanted to dig up the oldest post i could find.

[smiley=cheers.gif]

j_kne21
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
man 3 years ago. i wonder if he ever got the answer he was looking for? ;D

chrome-addict
07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
The fish are most active at dawn & dusk, but will bite all day ...it's just a matter of locating the fish.

chrome-addict
07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I got a good visual of this a few years ago. These kids caught a shad during the morning frenzy and tied a 20oz plastic cola bottle to it with about 15ft of mono. The fish swam back out to the school and all you had to do was look for the bottle ...it was IMHO a little cruel, but man it sure worked like a charm. Well, long story short, the bottle stayed in close early and then as the sun rose higher into the sky, the bottle move further and further out into the deeper water. So long as I casted at the bottle, I was on the fish.