PDA

View Full Version : Shasta, 4-30-07

Budman
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Started out in Dry Fork around 0700 and had seven Salmon by 0830--the largest about 15" but the majority less than 12". Got most of them on the Glow Trout Cripplure at 50 and 60' and others on the Pink/White Koke-A-Nut.

Went on out to the dam area around 1100 and caught a bunch more mostly on the Orange/Green Humdinger--the sweet spot seemed to be around 50' for awhile. Got one 20" Salmon on the same lure. Got a few more on the Silver/Blue HD @ 60' and a couple of more dinks
on the Nickle/Blue CL.

An irritating phenomenon is taking place--algae. My lines kept getting coated with moss! I hadn't experienced it before in that part of the lake.

A busy day, mostly Salmon but a few Trout with one showing a copepod.

Hope to get out again before the end of the week...

Kneedeep
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Budman thanks for the report. I always look for your post. I'm guessing that the lake lice are starting early and churning up the moss from the shallow water and the wind is moving it into your fishing grounds. I hope you do good in the derby this weekend, if your not entered in the derby, alot of fishermen are catching a lucky break. Kneedeep

Captain_Morgan
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Budman thanks for the report. Were you useing any dodgers with those lures??

Budman
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Budman thanks for the report. Were you useing any dodgers with those lures??

With the blue CL's and HD's, I used the 6" Blue Blue Sling Blade. *With the Koke-A-Nut and other color lures, I used the Super Glow Dot 6" Sling Blades of various colors...