PDA

View Full Version : easy bank access

Whacked
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
OK, been lurking for a looong time, but now I find myself with a bit of a problem.

my fiancee wants me to take her grandpa out fishing (like next weekend).
I dont have a boat.
I need someplace to go that is VERY easy access for bank fishing. After all, were talking about a 92 year old man.
Don't care what we fish for, trout, cats, bass.

We'll be at the Carmicheal/Fair Oaks area so I was thinking about somewhere along the American River. Only I've never fished there (I live in Stockton so not to easy to go scouting for fishin spots). Would be nice if there is something like Oak Grove Park up there somewhere.

Due to meds, potty, etc. were only talking about a 2-3hr fishing trip.

Any ideas is GREATLY appreciated :)

RonM
03-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Whacked welcome to the Fish Sniffer boards.

Maybe some will have an update on Mather Lake that should be close enough for you.

AllFishNoWork
03-23-2007, 06:37 PM
With the criteria you mention, and I assume you want to actually catch some fish too, I might suggest one of the pay per fish/lbs places. Might be a bit spendy, but you'll catch something and it should be easier for a 92 year old man.

Whacked
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
yea, I know I posted some steep criteria
poor Pappy is fading, want his last year(s?) to be good ones.

Thanks for the ideas. Didnt know about Mathers, I'll look into that

LordRooster
03-23-2007, 07:37 PM
I take the kids to Mather all the time because it's easy to fish from and you can actually catch somthing. Fish ealier rather than later, use powerbait with berkerly trout scent and you should get a hook up or two.

It's easy to get too from Carmichael, take Sunrise all the way dow to Douglas trun right and you'll see the lake on you left side about 1/4 mile down.

Lateral_Line
03-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Arden Ponds is a nice fishery. Easy accessablility w/ bathrooms, and a board walk for wheel chair bound anglers. Might be some trout left over from the winter planting, in there. Definatly some carp and catfish and bass.

We used to catch some lovely golden colored carp, and nice channel cats, up to 18lbs. on sweet corn and bread.

Directions: At the far end of Arden Way, just East of Fair Oaks blvd. I think it is $4.00 to drive in and park, but it's a short, easy walk to the water, and one might see some cottontails and deer along the way.

Best of luck, I hope some one takes me fishing, when I am old and grey.

Greg

EastBayAngler
03-25-2007, 12:55 AM
+Karma for taken pops out... You'll be rewaded! good luck. ;)

45_Auto
03-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Whacked: went through the same scenario with my father-in-law. You might want to check out Rancho Seco. It's a county park, so it's handicap accessible. And besides DFG dinks, there is a chance at a Amador trout plus bass and gills.

Whacked
03-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Ohhh, thanks everyone for the tips. I drove by Mathers, that looks to be perfect for what I need.
I'll also check out Arden and Rancho Seco. maybe take Pappy out to those places too.

atavuss
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
good on you for wanting to take Pops out!
I want to take my father-in-law out fishing to Amador but I think it would push him over the edge and give him a heart attack for sure if he latched onto one of those hard fighting cutbows! I know when I catch those cutbows it gets me going! :o

isdaann
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Take the drive to Antioch Pier, its easy, good bathrooms, and fair fishing. (Striper, Black Bass)

Whacked
04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
We went to Mathers this last Sat.
no hookups but it was very nice just being out there.
The main thing is, Pappy had a blast so that more than makes up for the lack of fishies.

RonM
04-02-2007, 09:37 AM
We went to Mathers this last Sat.
no hookups but it was very nice just being out there.
The main thing is, Pappy had a blast so that more than makes up for the lack of fishies.

Glad to hear Pappy had a good time and it worked out...