PDA

View Full Version : Monday Weather Bummer

kingcole
03-23-2007, 10:17 PM
I get a Monday off in March and figured take the last one it will be the warmest and I can go do some fishing... Great cold front and rain not what I had in mind.

Looks like I may be heading to Turlock Poker Room instead!

Irish
03-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Sorry to hear that KC. But the upside is that the cold front and rain may cool the water temps in some of the lower lakes. I know, It doesn't make you feel any better, :( Good luck at the tables.

kingcole
03-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Well I went 0 for 3

I first went to Tulloch and monked around throwing a Husky jerk from the launch up past the boat dock. Had a little dinker bass on but it popped off on me near the bank.
Saw several Bass crusing but no interest in my Husky Jerk, rattle trap or carolina rigged lizzard. the water is clear clear clear and like most CA lakes pretty much no bottom cover. I walked out ont he floating dock and I bet a dozen bass from a couple punds up to 5+ came right up they clearly get plenty of bread and other hands outs. They had zero inteest in a lure and were not scared.

2nd stop Oakdale Poker room. Played in their $40 Noon holdem tournament and finished 4th out of 10 players. On the bubble so no pay out. real fast blind structure the entire tournament was over in an hour. Did knock 3 players out just Lost after my AK hit Ace onthe flop raised he all in I call and he hit Ace 9 two pair what can you do...

3rd Stop Wooward Res. - BORING that lake is BORING nothing but steep flat banks or flat coves... Didn't see anything no pan fish or anything.

All said I still had a better day than I would have at work. ;)

my search for a decent place to take my kids fishing continues. Anyone know of a lake with some pan fish that has some bank structure like downed trees, docks or rip rap?

These California Lakes are just not made for bankies!

Americansteel
03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I heard from KingCole that shad are supposed to be showing up soon, and the american has really good bank access... ;D [smiley=lolk.gif] Sorry i had to do it, knowing how much your feining for the little buggers ;)