PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Urge right now! Where and What??

01bansheefox
03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I sit at home all day, and I really want to get out while the weather is still nice, maybe for a day or 2...
I live in Northern Cali, what is a good type of fish to fish for right now? And where?? I usually do bass fishing in lakes. I have no boat and do not know how to fly fish. Any ideas???

DazShooter
03-22-2007, 02:13 PM
First off, welcome banshee.

This ain't a bad time of year to bass fish, if that's what you know how to do.

Mickey_Thomas
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Read the reports on Amador located on the Trout Board, lot's of nice trout being caught by shore fishermen ;) welcome to the boards, let us know where you go and how you do ;)

01bansheefox
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I know how to bass fish and trout too but I mainly do bass because of the warm weather and no boat as I know trout like the cold water.
If you guys know of any lakes in the area that are good for shore fishing let me know.

Mickey_Thomas
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Read the reports on Amador located on the Trout Board, lot's of nice trout being caught by shore fishermen I'm sorry, I thought that was what I did :-/

Farrier_Frank
03-22-2007, 05:48 PM
[smiley=duh.gif] I must have missed something in this conversation. :-/

AllFishNoWork
03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Don't worry Frank, happens to me all the time.

Mickey_Thomas
03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I guess I have to explain it to you guys too ::) His first post asked where and what to fish for, I answered Amador and trout from shore :) Then he asked
If you guys know of any lakes in the area that are good for shore fishing let me know so my answer still is Amador, bank fishing for trout ;) ;D ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
"Alex, can I have where to fish from the bank for $800 please?"

metalmouth
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
OK Mick but tell us. . . where do you think he should go to bank fish? ;) [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

metalmouth
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey I got an idea, how abour Amador! *:o ::) 8-)

Just kidding around. Welcome to the boards 01bansheefox!
Amador would be a good start and the fishing is pretty easy.

MM

01bansheefox
03-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I did read that, and I did look over it... but from all the replies everyone was talking about a boat, and that seems like a pretty big lake, where is a good spot to bank fish?? Hopefully you dont have to walk 3 miles...
Anyway I was just looking for other options also, thanks for the replies.

RonM
03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I did read that, and I did look over it... but from all the replies everyone was talking about a boat, and that seems like a pretty big lake, where is a good spot to bank fish?? Hopefully you dont have to walk 3 miles...
Anyway I was just looking for other options also, thanks for the replies.

Amador is a very small lake, you can bank fish right at the base of the dam, the entrance road goes right over the dam.

Might want to look at the prices to fish there before you decide to go.
http://www.lakeamador.com/

Welcome to the boards....

01bansheefox
03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Alright, maybe they just made the map look really big. I will go to there web site and read up more on it. Thanks

AllFishNoWork
03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Banshee, Amador is pretty easy to bank fish, no long walks at all. Others spots for you might be So Shore Lake Comanche Pond, Chabot, Del Valle, McSwain, Blue Lakes(Lake County) and the Sierra Lakes once they start getting planted. I'm not sure where in No Cal you are but I tried to include a pretty good range of locations there.

Welcome to the boards, it looks like everyone is a bit bored tonight and we were just having some fun. Mickey may have missed his meds though.

RonM
03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Banshee, Amador is pretty easy to bank fish, no long walks at all. Others spots for you might be So Shore Lake Comanche Pond, Chabot, Del Valle, McSwain, Blue Lakes(Lake County) and the Sierra Lakes once they start getting planted. I'm not sure where in No Cal you are but I tried to include a pretty good range of locations there.

Welcome to the boards, it looks like everyone is a bit bored tonight and we were just having some fun. Mickey may have missed his meds though.

I would have never thought you would have left Lake Pardee out.... ;)

AllFishNoWork
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I really like Pardee from the boat, about as far away from the bank fishing spots as I can get.

LordRooster
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Where abouts are you located. There are some smaller ponds in Sac that are stocked and are ok fishing if you just want to catch a fish. Arden pond, Mather Lake, Gibson ranch are all good for bass, catfish and smaller trout.

The American river is also good this time of year for Steelhead and moving into stripper season. Yes you can fish from the shore and actually have some luck.

Though I haven't got a chance to get up that way yet I understand there are some good spots from the shore of Folsom lake to bass fish. Try beals and brown ravine.

Welcome to the boards, Sorry to see you get razzed on your first post but sometimes life happens.

01bansheefox
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I am in Sacramento, just looking for a lake out of this town up in the mountains or something. Not sure how familiar you guys are with Letts lake, but I wanted something similar to that.