PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake, El Dorado Cty.

Sheriff-Basshole
05-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with Bass Lake, off Bass Lake Rd. in El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park area ? My brother and his family are moving across the road from there and it looks like it could hold some bass, cats and panfish. Is fishing permitted and is it any good ? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks much and tight lines to all............

FishMischief
05-01-2004, 03:28 PM
There is actually a Lake back there on Bass Lake Rd.???

JUS10
05-01-2004, 04:03 PM
There is actually a Lake back there on Bass Lake Rd.???

Yeah, but I believe most of the lake is fenced off, and I dont believe anyone is allowed to fish it. Not 100% sure though.

Empire
05-01-2004, 07:32 PM
It is a water supply lake. Nobody can touch it as far as I know.

It is a cruel, cruel world when somebody names a lake "bass lake" then does not let you fish it. They should rename it "pebble lake" or "flat bottom lake" or something.

fishstix
05-03-2004, 11:15 AM
The lake Is and EID water storage - POSTED - no tresspassing. Believe me a hefty fine will be written. (not that i would personally know but it is loaded with bass and catfish). You could fish the other side of the street - here's what I do. Wear some waders and wade out amongst the reeds and drop-shot in the openings amongst the toolies. You can pull up some big ones.

FS

Sheriff-Basshole
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks fella's. That's too bad about the lake. Looks like it would be great fishing. Reminds me of Briones down in the hills behind Martinez. Huge beautiful lake, full of huge fish, crystal clear and no fishing at all. All East Bay Municipal Utilitiy District property. You'd think they'd open it up and make some money off it. Look at San Pablo Dam reservoir, huge fish and always crowded and that's all EBMUD property. One thing about Briones though. There's a pier with a couple of boats down by the dam. People that work for RBMUD have told me that the company bug wigs do their fair share of fishing on that lake, all to them selves..............beurocrats......

Thanks again

Vito_Wang
05-12-2004, 11:24 AM
I have heard plans of opening up the Bass Lake area for a public park with playground and ball fields, but I have yet to hear anything about opening up the lake for fishing. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Sierra_hillbilly
05-12-2004, 08:25 PM
fence never stopped me from fishing ;D
S_h

tcbritton
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Ive watched peaple out there and they are not there for but a few minutes and someone is walking to them. I dont know they are fined but and I dont want too :( :o

TP
01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
What do you know I'm an ex member >:( Bass Lake is for water only. It holds huge bass but not even the EID employees are authorized to fish it. Bait-N-wait is an Employee there and he's not authorized to fish there.

ric1ric
01-12-2007, 10:12 AM
What do you know I'm an ex member

Yeah whats up with that, and now your a big Kahuna again.

rymerpt
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I grew up in El Dorado Hills and remember that years ago they had a camp ground there if I remember correctly ( not sure). I have heard for years that it has some big bass in there.

rymerpt

Heineken_Man
01-13-2007, 02:25 AM
I fished there 10+ years ago. I was still in highschool and just got my license to drive and made it a must go to destination. I remember I was not the only one there fishing. I don't remember I caught anything but 10+ years ago, I didn't know how to fish as well as now.

Every time I drive by there I tell myself I will revisit the place. I guess I am a little to late for a revisit.