PDA

View Full Version : Shad Question

Fishkid
05-13-2004, 11:58 PM
For those of you who fish from shore for shad, i was wondering how you rig up your jigs. I have seen people use sliding weight and leader and some go with no weight, what is the best. I am new to shad fishing but have caught a few in my time. I hope they get up in my area soon.

tankgrunt
05-14-2004, 06:41 AM
It depends on the weight of the jig, and depth and current of the water. You want your jig to skim right across the bottom on the swing. Experiment with different combinations of weights and jigs to find a combination that gets you to the bottom, but doesn't get hung up either. Good Luck :D

Fish-on
05-14-2004, 07:54 AM
I like using plastic 2" crappie jigs. Usually have mainline tied to a swivile and then 2 feet of leader to the lil jig. Normally I use the sinkers that I can pop on and off the swivle b/c you need to be able to change the weight according to the water you fish. Example....at Watt Ave there is an island on one side the water is deep and fast and on the other side it is a little shallower and slower and if you want ot fish both areas different types and size weight is essential.....cheers

FishOnCutYourLine
12-02-2006, 03:27 PM
green or red Darts & 1 1/2 ounce of weight...3ft leader.............toss it outand reel it in..