PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Search & Rescue  Oct 14th

Mr_Ed
10-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know what the boats and all the lights were about ?

They put in at dark and took off to the north.

Still at the dock at 10:30 pm...............

Hope it was only boat trouble !

drstressor
10-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Someone said that they saw a light at the north end of the lake and went out to investigate. I don't know of the outcome.

metalmouth
10-15-2006, 08:22 PM
The lights at the N. end of the lake were compounded by Sniffer Boats being moored at Snifferville. With 4 empty boat trailers in the lot they originally thought they were looking for up to 4 stranded boats on the water. When the search boats returned they were empty handed so it appeared that it was a false alarm. It is reassuring to know that they are willing to respond as they did.

johnbfishin
10-16-2006, 06:35 AM
One of them woke me up, I have no clue what time it was but he asked if all of our boats were accounted for as there were some trailers in the parking lot. I told him all of our folks were in and thank you for the concern. His response was that he was going to go to each camp and ask but I guess he decided otherwise.

ITUKAWAL
10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
I have to hand it to the S & R folks at Pyramid. They do a good job.

Nothing like a midnight ride on their super scoot'n boat 8-)

BigB
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I tried to call my buddy at the Washoe Co. Search and Rescue office, but he was not in. Once I get the story from him, I will post it.

Brian

BigB
10-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I talked to the Sergeant for Washoe Couty Search and Rescue this morning. He said that flashing lights were seen in the Hells Kitchen/Needles area. When they got there, it was someone who said that they were "night time fish counting". (Doc, do not go there) Then there was the whole empty boat trailers in the parking area thing.

Brian

Mickey_Thomas
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks BigB, I bet there were some drinking rangers on that boat ;) So Doc, can you explain night time fish counting? :D

metalmouth
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
It appeared as if the Rangers on the search boat had been drinking. It took 8 tries to load their boat including 4 times the boat was out of the water on the trailer and was relaunched. ;D I'm glad they launch in the dark. They sure can block a ramp for an hour. ::)

viper2
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
My son was at the ramp. *He told me it was like an episode of Reno 911. ;D ;D

ric1ric
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I watched some of it from where I was Drinking I couldn't tell that, but they did have a real hard time loading. Real Hard.

Bait-n-Wait
10-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, it's good to see they can can work and have a good time too ;D. It would be like being paid to fish without all the hype of being pro 8-)

TP
10-21-2006, 02:47 AM
I know the ranger came through and asked if all of our boats were accounted for. We were all good so they continued on.

fernley_tim
10-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Ive seen search and rescue try to load that beautiful boat at least a half a dozen times all but one time it was quite the show ;D they are all volenteers and it seemed different people were loading every time, but with that said I had motor trouble last year with about 2.5 to 3' seas and had to call crosbys for help they did not have people available that day they were in training. but one great search and rescue guy came out and kept an eye on me from the beach :) as luck had it Iwas able to get back under power and make it back in to pelican. when I got to the dock waves were breaking over them there at the end of the dock was the search and rescue guy with tennis shoes on getting soaked just to give my dumb ass a hand :) I thanked him for his troubles and asked if I could give him something but he would not except anything. if your ever around crosbys you might want to throw a few dollars to the search and rescue you never know when you might need them ;) they do hold a tourney fund raiser opening weekend every year ;)

Mr_Ed
10-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys for all the info.........

Rangers having a "little nip" then going to work ?

Ain't this a great state to live in !!! ;D ;D ;D

Later Ed

Bait-n-Wait
10-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Ive seen search and rescue try to load that beautiful boat at least a half a dozen times all but one time it was quite the show ;D they are all volenteers and it seemed different people were loading every time, but with that said I had motor trouble last year with about 2.5 to 3' seas and had to call crosbys for help they did not have people available that day they were in training. *but one great search and rescue guy came out and kept an eye on me from the beach :) as luck had it Iwas able to get back under power and make it back in to pelican. when I got to the dock waves were breaking over them there at the end of the dock was the search and rescue guy with tennis shoes on getting soaked just to give my dumb ass a hand :) I thanked him for his troubles and asked if I could give him something but he would not except anything. if your ever around crosbys you might want to throw a few dollars to the search and rescue you never know when you might need them ;) they do hold a tourney fund raiser opening weekend every year ;)

I'll keep that last part in mind next time I'm up there. A little good karma never hurts ;) Besides, what I spend in lures and gear each month, I would never notice a few bills. My local bait shops smile when I come walking in :D