PDA

View Full Version : Need jet boat mechanic?

Mark
10-14-2006, 07:02 AM
I have a mechanical problem with my boat which someone here may be able to help. I have never used a mechanic for boat repairs in the past but I need a good one now. I have 2000 21í Alumaweld with a 350 chev and a hamalton 212 jet. The motor runs fine but the jet stopped turning. The problem is between the motor and pump which means (according to one mechanic) I need to pull the motor. My pump is directly attached to the motor with what the book calls a closed coupling kit. I do all my maintance myself but I canít do this myself. If anyone knows of a mechanic in the Sacramento area who kmows what he is doing with this type of setup please respond.

Thanks
Mark without a boat!!
:'(

Cas_2006
10-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Mark,
I'm very familiar with most jets (rebuilt Berks, Jacuzzi's, Panthers) but Hamilton isn't one of them. I am familiar with the coupling though. More than likely you will either need to pull the engine or the pump to remove it.
I'm sure you probably have done so but have you checked up in the pump to see if you sucked a rock or something?
The person I would suggest is Jory at SOS Marine in Granite Bay. The only tough part with Jory is since he is good, he is very busy. Next place is in Cordelia, GT Boats.

Mark
10-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks Cas_2006

Yes checked the pump for debris, nothing there. Pulled the inspection plate and turned over the motor and the shaft does not move. Time is not a issue so will contact your suggestions.

Thanks again
Mark

Cas_2006
10-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I just sent you an email. What I didn't say in it is I have some good hook-ups for the parts, if needed. Jet Boat Performance, Performance Jet, Hi-Tech Performance, ARS Marine and a couple of others.
I also know Jory pretty well as he was giving some discounts for the members in our jet boat club

Silver_Streak
10-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Aqua Bell marine in Rio Linda is another shop to check out. I honstly don't know how good they are. I have an appointment with them in a week to fix and service my inboard jet and Chevy Vortec. It took me three and a half weeks to get my boat in. :( Their phone #: 916-991-9100. Hope this helps!
Silver Streak

Salmon1
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Jetstream Concepts in Yuba City. They are the warranty repair location for a lot of the boat makers and Phil Taylor who owns the place is an advertiser on this site, we need to support our advertisers. Phil has more experience with jet boats than most anyone else and maintains most of the local Law Enforcement agency boats in the area.

http://www.jetstreamconcepts.com/

fishintrippz
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I second Jetstream Concepts in Yuba City, Phil will take care of you!

Mark
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Taking my boat in to Phil at Jetstreem Concepts next week. When you talk to all the others about jet boats Phil is the only choice. Thanks to you all for the info and sugestions. All you and this board is a great source of info.

Thanks
Mark