PDA

View Full Version : Ever Seen this?

jonnysuperfly
07-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Monster Pike comes out of nowhere and Eats bass Off Anglers Line! Has anyone else have this happen before?
http://www.fishfever.com/node/25

tadams
07-28-2006, 07:24 AM
That reminds me of another video I saw where a guy was releasing a trout, and WHAM a pike came up and snagged the trout + the fishermans hand. He diffently had scars from that one 8-)

SuperDave
07-28-2006, 07:47 AM
The sound or lack there of in the video makes me believe that was staged. In real time, I would have been screaming big time.

AllFishNoWork
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
I would have to say it was staged as well. I had sound and the guy "wowww is that cool" but it looks like he left the fish swimming there to be eaten by the pike.

Fishmeister
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Pike fishing can be some of the most exciting fishing available. In my younger years, living in Montana, my dad and I used to fish a series of small irigation lakes call the Aarod Lakes for pioke. Although I never had one swallow a fish on I have had them on numerous occations clear the water by several feet to hit the lure before it hit the water. This was usually the case when the red winged blackbird chicks were learning to fly. They would pick them out of the air. I pulled in a 7 pounder once with the tail of a two pound pike sticking out of its mouth. One real agressive species when they are on the hunt.

trout_man
07-28-2006, 10:32 AM
i don't have sound at my work place but WOW!!!! still unbelievable. i have never been close to a pike except on tv so it still looks amazing to me even if it was staged.

cabbagehead
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Here is same thing, but with bigger fish...hammerhead and a tarpon..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWQNwv-GJ4

Irish
07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Several years ago I was fishing at Hooker Lake in Canada for Walleye. On one occasion I had a very large Northern Pike hit the Walleye as I was bringing him out of the water. The Pike hung on for a second or so and then dropped back into the water. I counted that as a “double”.

SuperDave
07-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Is this any different than the salt guys that have sea lions grab their salmon?

zinger
07-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I've got to agree with SuperDave, that first video was staged. The tarpon video looked real though.