PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman gets shot at @ Coyote Creek

jdog1023
07-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I just saw the 10 oclock news tonight about a fisherman being shot at by two knuckleheads. Luckily, the fisherman was not hurt and gave a good enough description to the cops who arrested them.

Any of you guys or gals out there today?

dirty3hirties
07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I heard about that this morning.....went to the KRON website. The story is on video but wouldn't load.

SaxMan
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
where on coyote creek??????

Fish_R_Us
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
According to the San Jose Mercury, the man was fishing at Hellyer Park and these 2 guys fired 9 shots at him and missed. Either they wanted to scare him or they are real lousy shooters. Apparently the guy has made some enemies lately.

SaxMan
07-19-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks for the info ... enemies made or not, that's a little too freaky for my taste ...

Fish_R_Us
07-20-2006, 07:05 AM
The best thing was these guys were spotted leaving in a black SUV and were caught by SJPD.

fishguts
07-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I am wondering if its a gang banger/drug territory, hip hop gangsta related incident.

Wolf74
07-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Or maybe they had something against guys that fish for trout. ;D

BITE_ME_II
07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I was born and raised in San Jose!!

Hellyer park has always been a bad bad location, always gang trouble, anyone who lives there should know better than being there at anytime for anything...

BITE ME II
8-) 8-)

johnbfishin
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I know a few folks in San Jose and they've said the same thing and they have no reason to go there. Of course they are law abiding citizens. ::)

keysersoze
07-23-2006, 08:17 PM
It has been too hot and weedy in Hellyer to catch trout (lol). I think June was the last month to catch anything in that lake. But the creek... I've seen some fish there. Turtles and beavers too.

gopedxr
07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Wow what's with all these gangs? Did their parents not teach them from right and wrong? or even listen to anyone in school? I am just amazed in how many gangs we have in this nation... its to bad we are going down so fast and hard!

MV_Sharkie
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Actualy that day i was fishing a little creek for carp in East Side San Jose (yeah i know, but it sounded like a good idea at the time since it was so hot and my friend and i didnt have anything better to do, and it was in biking distance of his house.) Well to make a long story short, while we were fishing there two cop cars drove down down a hiking/biking trail and stoped to search our backpack, after they didnt find anything illegal they told us there was a shooting in the exact area we were fishing, that kind of scared me. But i guess they were lying since we werent anywhere near coyote creek, but it was still quite an experience. Its good to know that the cops are doing their job though.

And after i read my post, i realize how pointless it was, but i'm going to post it anyway.