PDA

View Full Version : Oroville in the late 80's

Harvester
11-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Any body out there remember fishing Lake Oroville in the late 80's for King Salmon? Back before the fish got desease and Fish and Game was stocking the lake. We use to pick up limits every other time we went. Kings and German Browns from 3 to 10 or 11 pounds. I long for the good old days.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/MP_and_ED_at_Oroville_.jpg

Troutdraggin
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Wish I had some photos from the 60/70s. I remember those days. It was sure fun. Nice Browns and fat rainbows were common. I moved away in the 80s and didn't get to fish it very much. Maybe someday things will improve..

AllFishNoWork
11-11-2005, 05:01 AM
The guy on the right was way ahead of his time. Those plants are selling for $60 at the mall now a days ::)

Nice pic of some fattys. I hope and do believe that better fishing at Oroville will happen. :-/

Budman
11-11-2005, 08:43 PM
...I long for the good old days.

"Good old days", of course, is in the eyes of the beholder. The West Branch Arm of the lake buried a large portion of the fishing and swimming areas of my young years, having been raised in Paradise/Magailia in the 40's & 50's.

Be careful what you "long" for...

Mickey_Thomas
11-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Allfish said;

Those plants are selling for $60 at the mall now a days

I don't see any plants Allfish, do you mean his Levi's? those are pants ;D ;D ;DLaketroller told me about the old days at Oroville, he said he caught a bunch of 10lb fish back then ???

AllFishNoWork
11-13-2005, 06:07 AM
:-[ oops, yep I meant his jeans, not sure of the brand tho. I was referring really to the stains from rubbing dirty hands on thighs that people pay to have in their new jeans.

If Laketroller said so....it must be true!