PDA

View Full Version : I'm Looking for a new Lake for Annual trip

phisch
11-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi guys (and gals),
For the last 6 years, I've been setting up an annual trip to Eagle Lake in September or October. Usually 5 to 9 friends join. We stay in a great cabin, on the water with a dock. Unfortunately, the powers that be have pretty much priced us out by raising the nightly rate to $250 per night with a 3 night minimum. I'm considering a new place to set up my annual fishing trip and would love some suggestions. My criteria? #1)...great fishing in September / October. #2) great cabin, on the water, (hopefully with its own dock) that can accomodate 5 to 9 people. #3) Pricing should be reasonable (less than $250 per night), #4) within 4 hours (or so) driving time from Sacramento area. I'de prefer it to be in California to prevent out of state license purchase but am open to another state if the lake fits well. Thanks for your replies.
Phisch

ctsron
11-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Lake Almanor ;D

Dennis
11-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Lake Almanor. *Dorado Inn. *East side of the lake nice cabins short walk to private dock with space for about 6 boats. *

ratss427
11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
we have been doing a houseboat trip to shasta for the last ,....i cant remember ,years. ;D always fun.always great fishing.and, always beautiful scenery.plus,off season rates that are VERY REASONABLE.(depending on what size boat and what marina you leave from .)four of us can usually do 4 nights,food ,boat and booze for under $300 each. and we eat and drink good. ;))just a suggestion.we love it.good luck. rat

hoghunter3
11-07-2005, 04:01 AM
I agree with Dennis. The Dorado, at Almanor, is one of the nicest places you'll find. The owners are great people as well. We try to stay there a couple times of year.

SuperDave
11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Lake Almanor ;D

If he has been fishing Eagle Lake for years, Almanor will probably not meet his first criteria. Fishing can be good but is also tougher than Eagle on a regular basis.

Mr_Ed
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Ever think about Shasta; they even have house boats for rent !!

fish4fun
11-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Sugar Loaf Cottages on Lake Shasta's Sacramento arm is a great place to fish out of. Cabins are just a few hundred foot walk from the lakeshore and there is overnite dock space for boats. After Labor Day, their rates drop because it's the off-season. I think in the off-season a cabin for 8 people is less than $1000 per week and a cabin for 6 people is a couple of hundred less for the week. These cabins are also available on a daily rate. The owner's name is Harold Jones. He's a nice guy and gives a lot of support to local fishing tournaments and groups. He's put a few posts in the past on the Sniffer Boards. Sugarloaf's website is: shastacabins.com

Good Luck.. Larry

tahoetopliner
11-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Lake Tahoe / Camp Richardson resort. They have Cabins , 120ft Dock ,and a Reasterant callled the Beacon on the Water. Fishing is generally very good at that time frame.

phisch
11-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will look into Almanor and Davis and will chat with the house boat people at the Sportsmans expo about that possibility. If anyone has further suggestions please reply. I dont think Davis has any rentals on the water or with a dock (never been there before). Almanor is also a bit expensive but may fit the bill and a house boat may be a bit confining. Tahoe is too big of a lake and I have a two stroke outboard. Thanks again.