PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake

Fish-on
10-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Any news on Clear Lake?? Hows the fishing??

Steelhead
10-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Which one? The big one or the one with trout in it ;D

Fish-on
10-19-2005, 03:05 PM
The Big-in. I will be up there this weekend and thought why not bring a boat. Any ducks up there for opening weekend. Heck I don't even know if you can hunt on the lake probably not but does anyone know for sure

drstressor
10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
This is the Trout Board. You need to post that on the Duck Board. ;)

catfished
10-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Bass fishing's a bit tough but those that put in the time are doing pretty good. Lots of small channel catfish (2 - 3 lbs) with an occasional bigger one.

Here's the latest Clear Lake crappie report quoting "Derbingel" from my message board: "Crappie are starting to show in numbers up in the northern part of Clear Lake. Indian Beach Resort in Glenhaven up toward Holiday Harbor in Nice are producing quality size fish similar to last year's bite. 1/16th oz. mini-jigs with pink or red head and white skirt tube baits are doing the trick."

You can get more info at: http://www.catfished.com/forum

Hog
10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Fish-on, You can hunt ducks on Clearlake. You can hunt anywhere except within 150 yds. of any occupied dwelling and within a half mile of the city limits of the cities of Clearlake and Lakeport. That only leaves the area around Long Tule Point and the mouth of Rodman Slough. Some people also use skull boats to hunt the middle of the lake. This weekend could be interesting because there's a big bass tournament happening also, you may have bass fishermen casting plugs into your decoy setup.

Fish-on
10-21-2005, 09:06 AM
The funny thing about the guys in the bass boats is they probably would be casting around a guy in a blind shooting a 12 gauge. Heck no one ever said you had to be intelligent to fish!! Seriously I have seen bass boats flying around the delta in fog when you can't see 2 feet in front on you.