PDA

View Full Version : Fishing License Found

tdekens
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I have found a fishing license in Live Oak zip 95953. I would return it to the rightful owner but the ink is faded. I mean way too faded to even make out a letter like its blank. Anyways it was on a Jaegermeister necklace. You can PM me to identify. I really doubt that someone will claim it. Also, I will give them back their license copy that you use to get a new one for $5 for. They kept it with their license and are probably wishing they didnt right now. My guess is that they were fishing the Feather out of Gridley, Live Oak or Yuba City from where I found it. Anyone need one? :-[ j/k
2Shakes ;D ;D :o

FishinFool408
09-15-2005, 11:41 AM
A license with the copy?!! ??? Now that's a big no no. You couldn't get a name from the copy either?

tdekens
09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
no its like they kept it attached to their boat in the sun for the whole year when they werent fishing. The ink is gone just like you wrote it with pencil and erased it.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

FishinFool408
09-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Maybe a little license sharing that was shared with the wrong person? ;D

bankangler
09-15-2005, 06:07 PM
About 2wks ago i found a license at El Manto next to a small net and a pair of flip flops.At first i thought i would leave them there and the person that forgot them would realize it later and come back first thing in the morning.Then i thought maybe i'll look at the address and bring them their stuff,so i looked at the license but it was blank ??? so i left them there.I went back the next day and the stuff was gone.I hope the person that left them came back and got them.

bankangler

tdekens
09-15-2005, 06:41 PM
They probably did. I found these in the middle of the road out in farm land. I musta blew off the boat or something I figure. Maybe they set them on the roof. It was about 3 miles from the river.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

Rock_n_Reel
09-16-2005, 08:59 AM
You can probably just turn it it to the DFG or a place that sells licenses. You have to supply your info when you buy it so there's probably a record of the owner.

sneak1000
09-16-2005, 11:53 AM
kind of a morbid thought but did you stop to think that it may be a crime scene?
You found it in the middle of a field? man if you got time I would do a little pokin around and make sure there isn't anything else out there.
As a graduate in the CJ field I always think about stuff like that, sorry for the downer post

BassFooler
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
kind of a morbid thought but did you stop to think that it may be a crime scene?
You found it in the middle of a field? man if you got time I would do a little pokin around and make sure there isn't anything else out there.
As a graduate in the CJ field I always think about stuff like that, sorry for the downer post
Buzzkill!! lol ;D

tdekens
09-16-2005, 08:11 PM
It was right next to where Juan Corona killed all those migrant farm workers in the sixties. ;) It was in the middle of the road in farm country. Wait a minute. There was alot of blood on the neckband. Jaegermeister is supposed to be green but it was red. Oh my gosh. There were two severed fingers there. :o I just thought that might have been a coincidence but maybe I am having second thoughts. Maybe I am the one who did him in ;) Since my cousin works for DFG and is a mile away, I will ask her for the what to do. I also live a mile away from the game wardens ::) They always give me the strangest look when they are driving by too? J/k I should be fishing.
Tight lines!
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

wetdog
09-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Stick it back in the bowl of chili ,and just walk away ! *:o ;D

bpfishnon
09-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Sneak may have just proven that there are way too many CSI shows on today. We all should stop watching t.v and go get a line wet!!

tdekens
10-13-2005, 08:58 AM
This was my response back from DFG:
Hello Ted
I apologize for the delay in responding to your email.
Thank you for trying to do a good deed, but unfortunately we do not track who has a license. When a fishing license is issued there are two copies (the actual license and the application for duplicate). Both copies are given to the licensee. The Department does not keep a record. :'(
Its goin to a buddy of mine who is starting fishing. On another note I am keeping the baydelta enhancement stamp because looking at mine the other day its missing. Kids :o
Also noticed when checking mine that the ink is long gone too. Maybe everyone should check their licenses. We can just all share, who would know?
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

FishinFool408
10-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow, that isn't too professional of him. ???

Trout_Chaser
10-15-2005, 07:19 AM
I guess that goes to show..just because they wear a badge, that don't make em' honest :P

It seems like when you try do a good deed, about 3 out of 4 times you get kicked in the teeth. I guess next time, you should just keep the stamps!

Smeja
10-19-2005, 10:57 AM
You can probably just turn it it to the DFG or a place that sells licenses. You have to supply your info when you buy it so there's probably a record of the owner.

I've never had to supply any information to anyone when I got my licenses. The only thing the person at big-5 or wherever i've gotten all my licenses has said is ''right your first name on the front i have to see you do that''. i suppose i've only had 3 licenses but everyone i got the same thing happened.