PDA

View Full Version : Ever had one of those days?

Mr_Ed
09-28-2005, 09:44 AM
I get a kick when I see " I'm new at fishing" headers etc.
I started wetting a line at 10 years and am now an "ol phart" at 61. With all my years of been there,done that; how the heck can I still get skunked when I go fishing!!!It's like I don't know what I'm doing! (Is that boat in front of me Donzi?) Has this happened to you? Is the "Man"upstairs just picking on me? Later...Ed

catfished
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Ed

It happens to me way too often and I started fishing when I was 12 yrs old and I'm an old, old phart of 65 years. ;D

vito
09-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I like to think that if we caught fish every time we went, then it wouldn't be as exciting the next time we go. That helps me. :)

Rusty_Hooks
09-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I caught so many fish as a kid and while going to college...I figured I was over due for a skunk or two and just write it off.....

However....I have given the fish gods alot of free time in the last ten years...without fishing...Soooo ::)

ratss427
09-28-2005, 05:33 PM
thats fishing ;).been using the same lures .trolled the same way.at the same depth.at the same speed.on the same diameter line.with the same leader legnth....... :P you get the idea!.and was skunked while my buddies knocked em dead.go figure? :-[ to this day they still razz me.and to this day,after trying to rationalize it,i can't explain it.but hey,thats what keeps you going back. :)

Farrier_Frank
09-28-2005, 06:36 PM
The Man-Up-Stairs hasn't singled you out for a skunk, Mr. Ed. That happens to all of us. And those who claim they never get skunked are blowing smoke. Some of my best days on the water were skunks; some of the skunk days ended with story's that go on forever. A skunk isn't a bad thing: it just happens - usually when you don't expect it.

Set_The_Hook
09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Ed,
Just don't forget that fishing and no catching is still much better than working ;D
Bill

drstressor
09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Ed recently referred to cutthroat trout as "trash fish". I'll admit it. I hexed him out. ;)

Farrier_Frank
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Mr. Ed called Cuts' trash fish ??? Maybe the Man-Up-Stairs did cut you off, Ed.

RIVER_RAT
09-28-2005, 07:26 PM
A guy that doesn't get skunked now and then doesn't tell the truth

Set_The_Hook
09-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Trash fish!!
That's some pretty bad ju ju Ed ;)

fish4fun
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Yep, trash sure do have a way of attractin them skunks!

drstressor
09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
It's just Karma guys. The wheel has got to turn. ;)

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=issue_fishing;action=display;num=112 4557704;start=

Rusty_Hooks
09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Now Ed.....does this look like trash ???

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/6960/heirloomtomatoesandsmokedtrout.jpg

Doc........I couldn't help myself ::) ;D ;D

randyfishing
09-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Yummy (slurp slurp) :P

I feel your pain Mr.ed, especially after fishing the RR, skunk city. I been so dang mad that I just about threw the whole mess into the river, pitched the pole down the beach all cussin' and splutterin'...you folks never done that, have you? ;)

catfished
09-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Yummy (slurp slurp) :P

I feel your pain Mr.ed, especially after fishing the RR, skunk city. *I been so dang mad that I just about threw the whole mess into the river, pitched the pole down the beach all cussin' and splutterin'...you folks never done that, have you? ;)

Me?????? Never done that. ::) ;D

sunracer1957
09-29-2005, 02:22 PM
You guys are doing it all wrong!! for me I expect to get skunked and when I do catch its a bonus ;D
Just ask Krzy I loose way more fish than I catch :-/

I just like to take the boat out with good friends and carry on for a while and sometimes we catch em but not always..See I can tell the real story and not be bummed ;)

Mickey_Thomas
09-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Shame on you Mr Ed, "trash fish"? Come up and join in the party a Pyramid Fest, I bet there will be a few Cutt's cooked up, give them a chance. Doc does do a good Voodoo curse, ;D ;D ;D Ratts427, maybe it's time to change that lure ;)

AllFishNoWork
09-30-2005, 05:35 AM
I've never had a skunk, but I have had plenty of "picnics" by the lake and have taken the boat out for a test run a few times. ;)

After one particular bad day (not a skunk, I did scrape up a 10 inch trout) at IVR I was so pissed >:( I decided we were not going home. At the end of the dirt road, instead of turning left I went right and ended up in Ft. Bragg. There I found a new type of fishing and ended up have a great summer fishing lings and rock fish. :D

hoghunter3
09-30-2005, 05:55 AM
Allfish.... I've had my share of "boat rides" as well!