PDA

View Full Version : Any Bucks Lake info.??

Erreck
09-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Heading over to Bucks Lake tomorrow for a weekend camping/fishing trip. Has anyone fished up there recently that could throw some advice my way? It's been over a year since I was up there last and, at that time, the only thing really biting were the Kokes on Rapalas at around 25'.

Any advice would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind a Brown or Mack, but don't know if it's a waste of time or not. :-/

Thanks in advance!

Hiking-Jay
09-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I was up at Bucks lake a month ago, but fished only from shore. Lots of rainbows and a few nice ones around 14". One brown, but it was small. From my vantage on the shore, you definitely want to be on the water as early as possible. By 9:00 am the lake had several rap-bumping wakeboarding boats destroying the tranquil high-mountain setting and generally imposing their brand of fun on everybody for miles that was in ear-shot. :-[

SuperDave
09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Over the last couple weeks, my friend has been doing well on Rainbows and Browns.

Erreck
09-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the info. guys. I think we'll target browns on this trip. My wife has never caught one, and this is the lake that she caught her first Koke on... Kinda like a karma thing ;).

I went out and beefed up my f-11 collection today. $97.00 later... :-/ ;D. Who knows, maybe I'll catch my $$$ worth in browns. ::)

Diego916
09-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Good luck! :)

Erreck
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Just got back from Bucks a little while ago. Did very well all around. Everyone caught fish and some (myself included) landed personal bests. My wife landed her first ever brown. My Mother-in-law landed her PB rainbow at just under 3lb.s. I landed my first ever Mack (4.5lb.s) and my first Koke (13.5").

The browns were in the creek channels and near the shoreline in the top 15' of water. Kokes were everywhere! Most were hitting on the surface, but a few were caught as deep as 50'. Brookies and Rainbows were doing well near rocky points and inflows. Macks were hanging in the 35-50' range. My first was caught at 30'.

Camping was great. Weather was great. Wind kinda sucked at times, but was bearable.

AllFishNoWork
09-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Sounds great Erreck, good job!

Farrier_Frank
09-27-2005, 05:11 AM
That's not your average fishing trip for any of us, Erreck. Bows, Mack's, and kokes all with some weight to them. Not bad.