PDA

View Full Version : Lake for this weekend

wishn2Bfishn
09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
After scouting, soccer, dance, dance, dance, dance, yard, honey do's ..., I finally have a day to get out this weekend for trout therapy. Three daughters ... my son and I need an estrogen break.
I have been pretty much limitted to Folsom, but want to try one of the sierra lakes within an hour or two from Sac/Roseville. I am thinking Stampede, French Meadows, Ice House, or UVR. I tow a ~20' striper and have a down rigger. I like what I read about French meadows, but am not sure about the drive with this size boat. Any advice on the lake or techniques will be greatly appreciated.

wishn2Bfishn
09-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Sorry fo the extranious padding on my prior post.

The question is - would you recommend towing a 20' boat and trailer to French Meadows or should I try one of the other lakes?

Thank you for your help.

ll_kaidoy_ll
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I would suggest Donner if you want to do some Kokanee fishing. *If you look at the recent topics on the Kokanee Board, members such as TS, trackertundra, Big_D, digger, and others have been pulling some nice Kokanee.

wishn2Bfishn
09-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.
Do you know if Donner allows 2-strokes?

Regards

khiameru
09-21-2005, 02:04 PM
2 Strokes are legal on Donner

ric1ric
09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
I was under the impression that they were illegal being a forest sevice lake

wishn2Bfishn
09-22-2005, 05:23 PM
The best I could find was a 1999 ordinance creating a trigger mechanism. They sample the lake Memorial Day, July 4, and Labor Day. If they exceed their limit then the lake is closed to 2 strokes through Oct 15, regardless of subsequent samples. I am not sure if this was a proposal or if it was implemented.

I will call around to get the actual regulation and post. Any sugggestions on who to call?

thanks

Mr_Ed
09-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Hay Wishn2; Stampede is a great lake for 16" kok's; best time is from April 20th(w/temp 45degrees) till the 3rd of July!! You might try Spaulding hwy 20 for Salmon &Mc at the Dams; trout & some SM Bass in the warmer waters. Sly park on hwy 50 has Mc's and trout. Threr is a book: Fishing in northern Calif...that has Great info & maps a must if want to learn where and how to fish Calif!! Later...Mr Ed

fishdude76
09-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Personally I like Stampede of those choices. Now should be a good time to get some good sized trout brown or rainbow and if your lucky a big mack. I will be out there next weekend trolling off my single man pontoon. Can't wait. Someone posted a report on here a few days back that caught some real nice macs.