PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find the Oakdale Dogpond

bakside
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
I need help. I keep hearing about the "Oakdale Dogpond" and how great the fishing is. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thank you.

spoonkilr
09-14-2005, 08:29 AM
I dont know who told it was great but they might want to check their fact...it can be good for stripers when it is right but that has past. If you are going..swim baits for stripres and large mouth. worms and bobbers for bluegill..and shad and chicken liver for cats. good luck!
directions: turn on to river road for highway 108 just before the whiskey river saloon..about a mile on the left you will see a army corp. sign turn left follow the road down the hill..dog pound on left keep going into the park ..stay on dirt road until it run into the river...good luck--spoonkilr....they are there it is all timing

dogfish30
09-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey bakside, The biggest fish that I've seen this year is 42lbs. Heard of a 16 pounder last week. They're still here, just not all the time. The dog pound can be very good, but I've found that you have to put a lot of time in. Good luck, DF30

fishdude76
09-15-2005, 10:16 AM
are there smallies there also? Any wading involved?

dogfish30
09-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Don't know about smallies, but I caught a 6 lb. largemouth while sitting on my tailgate. ;D DF30

new2fishing
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Do you get snags there? Or is it pretty good fishing?

fishdude76
09-19-2005, 08:05 AM
DF30,

Did you have a cold one in the other hand too or a fatty? Thats good fishing.

Went down to Oakdale over the weekend but didn't hit that spot up. We went over to Turlock reservoir? Fished the small creek that runs in there caught 3 rainbows going up to about 13 inches. Small black/gold spinner (blue fox), but nothing on the fly. Tons of small ones hitting the lure but not big enough to take it. I tried a black wooly bugger with a gold cone head but nothing. Would have thought I would have caught a bunch on that.

Did pass over the Tuolomne river on way to reservoir. When does that action start to heat up?