PDA

View Full Version : Map for American/Sacramento river

sneak1000
09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm looking for a decent map on-line that shows the actual sacramento area. The maps here on the sniffer only show from the Basin down to Geothe for the American and only the Redding area for the Sacramento.
If it were a perfect world there would be a depth chart as well...but the river is always changing so that might be impossible.
I have access to a boat but would like to find/explore new spots (for me, not new to the vets out there)

jdogg
09-15-2005, 08:53 AM
go to google maps .com , you can get a satelite map or a regular map.

sneak1000
09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I googled every-which-way-to-Sunday...except google maps ::)
Thanks

tdekens
09-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Most bait and tackle and fishing stores carry the Fishmapco maps. They are paper with a thin coat of plastic. Also a tip is to get your map and spray it with the clear plastic in the can available at any Ace hardware store. It makes them water proof. Even the ones you print from your computer. Anyways they are light blue in color I know where they are here in Yuba City/Live Oak area. I am pretty sure I saw them at Fishermans Warehouse in Sac too. They run about $7 and show the delta on up. Really good for showing you holes as well. No better map made.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

tdekens
09-15-2005, 11:32 AM
If you want to go online which is what I didnt read go to www.maptech.com
But online maps are a waste. Go buy the map you will be a thousand times happier. ;)
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)