PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shoals lake

MultiSpecies
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Is there any fisherman who is familure with Bull Shoals lake in MO?

joe_tomlinson
08-30-2005, 08:00 PM
I read in a magazine there are giant browns in the river below Bulls Shoals Dam. Thats all I know of it.

Reel_burner
08-31-2005, 12:20 AM
I grew up fishing BS/Taneycomo/Table Rock. What do you want to know.

MultiSpecies
08-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Burner---you fish the Theodosia Missouri area?

Reel_burner
08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
I've been through there many times but not to fish. My Grandparents had a ranch by "ice box cove" on the state line. There was always a warden hanging out just past the point to nail anyone who crossed the line (like there was a sign there to tell you that you had entered another state) and didn't have an Arkansas license.

Great fishing though. Lots of nice bass hanging off the face of the bluffs. We used to go fish downstream of Table Rock every trout opener (my first intitiation into combat fishing) and below Powersite (BS) drifting minnows for walleye at night. In BS trout are considered trash fish and in Taneycomo they're gold. Go Figure...

Some day I'll have to go back and drift the White River for a trophy brown or two.

MultiSpecies
09-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info Burner. I will be fishing the Theodosia area middle of October. Walleye is what I want to catch. I live 20 minutes from Yosemite park and walleye are not found in this area. I will have to rent a bass boat at Theodosia, I dought they will let me use the boat at night. You have any suggestions for Walleye during the day? I would imagine the water will be much cooler in October then it is right now. I have another question, I'm trying to get on fishing chat lines and when I go on them I'm the only one on the list. This happens with alot of fishing chat rooms. I'm not very PC savy, do I need to down load something to get the chat working?

drstressor
09-02-2005, 04:05 PM
MS, you might be confusing chat rooms with discussion forums. Chat rooms mean "live chat", where people can talk in real time by typing messages back and forth. People on forums such as this one (but we don't have live chat), often pick a particular time when a bunch of them go on line and chat. So if you log onto a chat room at just about any random time, you will likely be the only one there.

Search for fishing forums or fishing message boards. I think that's is what you are looking for.

Doc

MultiSpecies
09-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Sawbones, thanks for your thoughts. I'm looking for fishing chat rooms. You may not remember Bass Pro Shopps had a chat room but they closed it down because some punks got on there and ruined it for us fisherman. Try something, go to a fishing chat room and see if you can get on and actually chat. Again I dont understand why my PC will not let me chat, heck I even tried to chat with a regular chat room and I still cant get on.

Reel_burner
09-04-2005, 12:58 AM
We caught a few during the day using 3 inch brown Lazy Ikes. We had to go pretty deep so take some leadcore or deep sixes. Once you locate a school just troll in circles. Look for rocky structure that provides shade as they have very light sensitive eyes. When hooked they will dive straight down and fight like a badger.

By all means, keep your fingers out of their mouths. :o