PDA

View Full Version : North American Fishing Club

randyfishing
08-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey I got a package in the mail from this organization yesterday. The offer says that for just one dollar a month I get a membership, magazine, and will be getting tackle and gear to test and keep. ???

Has anyone had any experiences with this organization, it sounds ok but there is always a catch to these offers.

Please let me know, thanks.

BassFooler
08-26-2005, 08:36 AM
NACF-
The magazine is pretty decent- kind of covers all species in no particular order or preference which is pretty cool. The free tackle and gear....You'll get a 5 pack of generic small bait hooks in your membership package- and you'll be signed up as a "field tester". Joined them for the first time probably 5 years ago- have yet to be chosen as a field tester...I get a nifty 5 pack of hooks (or brass swivels!!) every year with my membership renewal though!!
You are paying for the magazine for the most part- but like I said- its not a bad rag for the bathroom reading-hour!

ifish4fun
08-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Same here never been selected to field test anything and i am a life member

randyfishing
08-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Well, as long as it doesn't hurt I think I will join. Looking forward to free hooks, whoopee ;D

iwishtobe
08-26-2005, 01:24 PM
look at my sign.....

north american fishing club, lifetime member.

field tester......

fill out their requested info in detail. the more info, the more you test. after EACH test, up date your tester information. it is NOT automatic, you must request to test.

i think i will get that gold ring.

BassFooler
08-26-2005, 01:47 PM
look at my sign.....

north american fishing club, lifetime member.

field tester......

fill out their requested info in detail. the more info, the more you test. after EACH test, up date your tester information. it is NOT automatic, you must request to test.

i think i will get that gold ring.

Do you have to be a life member to be a field tester?

ken_fishnfool
08-26-2005, 02:07 PM
All I know is I gave away the free hooks I got to the recycle bin! Worst hooks I ever saw. I never did test any tackle either.

mike22ca
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
I had that subscription a long time ago, and they screwed up on my acct and I called and cancelled it cause the year or whatever was over but kept charging me. After all of it was said and done I just quit that one. Besides, I'd rather get something that is more local to our area here in Northern California like THE FISHSNIFFER hehe.

sashimi_express
08-26-2005, 06:26 PM
;D I have been a life member since 1999 and have been a field tester for many different items. Mostly the dues are for the magazine which is pretty good reading. They also have a great library of hard back books on how to catch different species of fish as well as cook books and other misc items. I have found thst most of their members are closer to the eastern half of the U.S rather then out west. You can check out their web site and forums at WWW.northamericanfishingclub.com. I am a life member of the NAFC but I choose to show my stars rather than their membership sticker if that tells you anything. ;D

iwishtobe
08-27-2005, 04:11 PM
on my boat, there are only stars.

well, there is that ford type of sign that is below the water line. at least it starts with an "F"!!!!!

any nafc member can be a tester.

Wolf74
08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Yea I was a member a while ago too, but I never got sent any gear. The magazine was a nice read, always good bathroom matirial, but it pretty much covers all of the stuff in the east and hardly any waters in the west. I rather read the sniffer.

duckhunter916
08-29-2005, 09:59 PM
ya those hooks are junk i quit them a while ago

randyfishing
08-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Arrghh maties, I be takin' the pirates advice me thinks, arrrghh ;) (i sent the card back and will check it out, thanks) :P