PDA

View Full Version : Trinity  & Klamath Rivers (info needed)

hortuna35
08-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll be camping and fishing on the Klamath (glen) & Trinity Rivers about 4 days on each. September 1st - 10th I'll be fishing from shore. Fly and spin. Where and how would you fish? Most importantly , where would you camp? I'll be towing a tent trailer with my wife, 2 yr old and the dog.

I think I'm set on camper corral for the Klamath, but i've never been to the trinity. I'm looking at places like Trinity adventure park, Grover's gulch and Big foot.

Any input would be great

Thank you,

Brad Horton

ratss427
08-27-2005, 06:25 PM
there are a few places to camp in lewiston which can be a productive erea from the bank.plus a special fly fishing only section with some real nice fish.and there is the lake itself as well.very hot right now!and so is the temperature! ;)

Rusty_Hooks
08-27-2005, 07:14 PM
there is a campground at cedar flats just east of willow creek near Salyer, theres another near pigeon flat near big bar and the denny cutoff...that one is nice...right on the river

Don't try and camp from tish tang north toward hoopa...dangerous

Grays falls has a campground, but it's a ways to the river and check the regs...they're a little different out there..

lures only, fly only, C&R....just check it out before you trapse down to the river

Moss backs work well out there...dark green chenille, black tail with or without silver tinsel, right on the bottom

#2 silver meps

Good luck...my old stomping grounds ;)

Welcome to the boards!! ;D

JasonB
08-28-2005, 03:10 PM
We stay every year at a little campground called the Lazy Double B Its about 500 ft east of salyer store and its pretty much right on the Trinity . There is lots of bank fishing east and west of there . As for what to use try drifting Roe or tuna balls or both . Or my favorite is a 6-8 Mil red bead with a "small" a mount of red yarn .Blue fox spinners and Mepps spinners also work pretty well. Good Luck . And give us a report when you get back . I'll be up there the 17 - the 25th *.
JasonB