PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Fishing

T-160_Navigator
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Hello everybody,
I'm new to the sniffer but have been reading for about a month now. I think this is my #1 website now. I'm in love. If any of you ever see a guy in a sand colored fully rigged and I mean fully rigged angler kayak, (downrigger & motor & all) It's me. I take this fishing stuff very seriously. hahaha. My wife just bonked me on top of the head. It's just somethin about pullin in and landing a monster from the deep in on a kayak. Very exhilerating let me tell you. I love to see other anglers faces when they see me out there. I have such a great kayak. The Wilderness Tarpon 160 is my vessel of choice. After all the research and test runs I chose this yak. Remember I said Kayak Fishing will become very popular in our state very soon, I am definitely one of the leaders of the pack. With gas prices going up my little electric will produce like the best aluminums for just a couple hours of charge and I'm back in the saddle or even a backup marine battery back at camp or even stowed underneath my kayak has plenty of stability with all the weight. If anyone needs advice wants to chat or anything feel free.
The Yangler (Yak Angler)

FishinFool408
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey T-160 Nav, you gotta posts some pics of that fully rigged kayak of yours.

Silver_Streak
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the boards T-160!! Your at the right place for sharing info and recieving it also. I've seen a few anglers using a kayak fishing. It sure looks fun. I've recently thought about getting one, too. A few days ago, I saw a guy fishing for stripers on the American River. He kept hooking these big guys like it was nothing! Any way, welcome aboard! ;D

robert_long
08-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Love it, a fully rigged kayak. Welcome to the great sniffer
boards. OK, now about that photo, hope to see soon.

Robert

Flipper266
08-25-2005, 01:54 PM
You definately have a serious yak there..
I use the 13 foot prowler..Where abouts do you fish?
And post some pics..Always good to see how others set their rigs up.
And welcome aboard the sniffer...

T-160_Navigator
08-25-2005, 04:03 PM
I appreciate the welcome. I live in Folsom so I'll go pretty much anywhere in CA. Silver Lake, UVR, Tahoe Caples Lake, Red Lake, San Pablo Reservoir, Carquinez Straight, Shasta, Mccloud River American River, Lake Folsom, IVR. I'll be posting pics within the next couple of days on here after I put the downrigger on her tomorrow.

alfredo
08-25-2005, 04:27 PM
I am usually in my Prowler13. Also have a Malibu two or in flat water and ponds I use my Pamlico 100. My son uses his Perception 9.5.

I look forward to salmon fishing from the yak.

See you on the water.