PDA

View Full Version : What is a delta enhancement stamp?

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
What is a delta enhancement stamp? Do you need to have one to fish the rivers in california my buddy told me you did but i was just confirming it.....thanks

D_LOWE

2QUARTSLOW
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Fishing Legend, a delta stamp is required to fish all rivers including the delta system in california. More or less the fishing license only covers lakes now, :(. A change that happend a few years back. It took the place of the striper stamp. I hope this helps.

2Q

dirtydan
08-19-2005, 08:44 AM
2Q - close.

The Delta Enhancement Stamp is required for fishing with the "Delta," and all tributary rivers. The BDSFES Rivers include the Sac (from Shasta south), Feather, Yuba, American, Mokelumne, San Joaquin (all the way from Mendota), Merced . . . I think that's it (don't need it for the Cosumnes, I believe).

Go to dfg.ca.gov and check it out - I'm sure they've got it delineated somewhere - and I believe it's in the regs.

-D

2QUARTSLOW
08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
;D Yeah, what Dirtydan said, ;)

Thanks for covering up for me dirtydan, it was late my eyes were crossed, my drink was empty, my stomach was growling, I had pink eye, my but itched, my wife put me to the couch, what other excuse can I make up for putting up a semi-correct post, :P ;D

2Q having some fun

fishrman4life
08-19-2005, 11:57 PM
a butt itch is always a good excuse...

yea they pretty much covered it...it counts for the delta and rivers that flow into it indirectly or directly i believe

Empire
08-20-2005, 07:13 AM
I believe that it applies in rivers only to the lowest dam. For example, you would need one to fish Nimbus basin on the American, but not the American at Coloma (or anywhere upriver of Folsom).

vito
08-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Empire is correct.

fishrman4life
08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
they really need to simplify their boundaries
??? ??? ??? ???

Sierra_hillbilly
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I look at it like this anywhere the salmon can run is where you need a delta stamp. Salmon dont run above nimbus dam ect.

SturgeonVirgin
08-21-2005, 08:21 PM
What is a delta enhancement stamp? Do you need to have one to fish the rivers in california my buddy told me you did but i was just confirming it.....thanks

* D_LOWE

Its a way the state gets more money that they do not put to any good use imprpving the fisheries. Ask around and see how much of the money has been taken in and how much has been used for "enhancement". ;)

Pretty much you gotta have it to fish the state without worry, unless you go lakes only.

Empire
08-22-2005, 06:41 AM
The stamp used to be called a "striped bass" stamp. The DFG did not like that because it made them use if for stiped bass projects. By changing the name they could use it for whatever they liked.

Now the $ has mostly been put into an account, which likely has been borrowed (raided) for other projects.

Politics at our expense.

keviwa
08-22-2005, 02:09 PM
There is a area map that shows the boundries in the 05-06 regs. May be in the supplement, I'll check it out tonight and get back to you.
* * * * * * * * * * * *Plug-n-jug

MB_Kevin
08-22-2005, 09:11 PM
its called the bay-delta stamp so im guessing you need it to fish in the bay too. I wouldn't have kown unless I went to the sac river and heard about it.

keviwa
08-23-2005, 06:18 AM
The enhancement stamp boundries map is found on page #6 of the regs. Plug-n-Jug