PDA

View Full Version : Sac River Near Colusa Report

Mulderken
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Fished the Sac River friday night and early saturday morning just past the Colusa bridge. Caught a couple catfish, several small stripers and a couple shad. Used sardines and worms for bait.

Silver_Streak
08-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Mulderken, while in Colusa, did you try to fish for any salmon? Did you see any caught, or rolling on the surface? Just curious because I fish that area from time to time. Also, did you launch from the state park, or a different launch? I'm trying to find some different boat launches in the area besides the state park. :)

Mulderken
08-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Launched at Wards Landing $7.Regarding salmon,I've always been a bait fisherman and am interested in learning lures,jigs and etc., but haven't yet unfortunately. So we really weren't fishing for salmon, and didn't see or hear of any caught while we were out there but there was several boats fishing for salmon.

tdekens
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Mulderken, I was there on Sunday launching out of Wards. I saw two guys fishing for Salmon there when i got there at 0500. they were still there when I left at about 2pm. They were right below the docks. I didnt ask them if they caught anything. We caught about 20 stripers with one being a 24 inch keeper at "the secret hole". Also a sucker and a catfish. I was fishing between wards and berts then above the bridge by the weir area is a hole I go to.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

Mulderken
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
2ShakesAndaQuiver,
I'm sure we passed each other on the water then as we fished from friday night till saturday morning around 9ish. We started out fishing just the other side of the Colusa bridge. It was our first time fishing up that way on the river as we usually go down stream. Will have to give your secret hole a try, thanks for the info. Fish on!!!

tdekens
08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
The only boats I saw on the other side of the bridge was when I moved up there around 9 I think it was. There were two boats about a mile up anchored next to each other and then one anchored below them about 400 feet. I was anchored on the side between Berts and Wards but moved on because there was nothing in the hole there. I dont know if I am going out fishing this weekend or not. I am having a problem with my kicker and water in the gearbox. Cant seem to figure out where it is coming from. Going to try the air test this weekend. Did you talk to those two guys in the boats below Wards who were there? They were there when I got there at 5 am and still there at 2pm when I left. Anyways it just dawned on me you were there Sat and I was there Sun so we didnt pass. See ya on the river, Ted

Mulderken
08-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh ok, so we didn't pass. think those two guys u r talking about were out there saturday also. We did talk to almost everybody we crossed paths with and no luck that we heard of.