PDA

View Full Version : New Sniffer Reunion

Wolf74
07-25-2005, 08:32 AM
OK, so what happended at Hellstock. I know it happened and so did a couple of other meetings but I never heard about how it went etc. Are there any other new meetings being planned for the near future??

sunracer1957
07-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Wolf

Go to the Trout board and scroll back a few pages the Hellstock threads have pics and info...

I think the next event is a Pyramid fest in Oct if I'm not mistaken..

ITUKAWAL
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Wolf

Go to the Trout board and scroll back a few pages the Hellstock threads have pics and info...

I think the next event is a Pyramid fest in Oct if I'm not mistaken..
That's when it's happenin' Tom. I have to get that on the calendar. Can someone refresh the grey matter and give us all the date for that weekend at Pyramid??? ???

ITUKAWAL
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Wolf, Doc PM'ed me a short while ago....this may help...
You're planning this event too right Tom ??? ??? ???

Steve,

It is supposed to be Oct 7-9.

it looks like everybody is planning on 7-9 and several folks have already made reservations at Crosby's for that weekend.

Striperman
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I tryed to set one up but no one would give me any solid answers on dates or anything!! I would love to have one in the sac area!!

Striperman

MB_Kevin
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
there is a saltwater get together almost every weekend at the beach. I now have met many sniffers ;)
they are all really cool.

fishrman4life
07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
can someone give me directions to pyramid lake from rancho cordova

troutfan
07-26-2005, 04:32 AM
can someone give me directions to pyramid lake from rancho cordova
Take I-80 east until you get to Pyramid Way (SR-445)in Reno go north on Pyramid Way until you run into the water! ;D

Rusty_Hooks
07-26-2005, 08:41 AM
There has been a new pyramid thread started on the trout board...it's a little early but the info will be posted there.

There is considerable information on the pyramidfest last year starting in August 04....Some outstanding information on fishing techniques, lures to use, docs special program in print et al.... ;)

Check it out and start reading....... ;D ;D..everything is there

Oct 7-8-9 are the current reported dates....my reservations are in.... ;D

Wolf74
07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Is there a chance there might be a get togeather in the Sac area? Even a small one would be nice. Seems like we all fish on a weekly basis, so getting togeather and fishing one day doesn't seem that difficult a task.

drstressor
07-26-2005, 05:05 PM
The way 'fests get started is for somebody to take charge and organize the get together. Mickey T. did that for Hellstock and Bite_Me_II did it for Pyramidfest.

Mini-fests happen when a couple of folks decide to fish somewhere and just invite everybody else. Again, one person has to organize things.

Wolf74
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Gotcha

wetdog
07-26-2005, 06:34 PM
The way 'fests get started is for somebody to take charge and organize the get together. Mickey T. did that for Hellstock and Bite_Me_II did it for Pyramidfest.

Mini-fests happen when a couple of folks decide to fish somewhere and just invite everybody else. *Again, one person has to organize things.
Organization first sign of a sick mind! :o :o :o

drstressor
07-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, if you've ever been to one of these things, you'd realize that there is not really a whole lot of organization. More like serendipity. People just show up, catch fish, and funny things happen. ;D

MB_Kevin
07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Sounds cool, I cant wait until I get a chance to make it to one with panfish popper. a camp over would be cool. camp drink, BS and catch fish sounds like fun ;)

johnbfishin
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
The bottom line is a couple of major events a year will draw the most folks. No matter where it is held there will be folks traveling for the best part of a day...one way.
So to have more than a couple of big ones a year won't draw the people. Small gatherings happen all the time, course I fly a couple of colors so there is more going on than I can do. ;) ;D
Tradition is hard to break and it seems one has been set but ya never know.
By appearances of the posts we were close to blowing out Hell Hole this year but that didn't happen by any account. Pyramid we can't even touch, it's just too big and a great place for a major gathering.

AllFishNoWork
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Whenever you go out, just fly your Sniffer colors. Hat, stars etc... Just in the past 2 months or so, I've ran into people sportin sniffer gear at Wild Sports, a stop light near the mall, Bodega Boat launch, IVR and there was even a sniffer on board the charter we went on out of Fort Bragg.

Smaller gatherings can happen easily. Just post where you are going, maybe send out a few PM's to people you have read that fish there often and you never know a mini fest could happen with little or no planning.

Here is a good example...
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=fresh_gen;action=display;num=1122343 408

johnbfishin
07-28-2005, 02:52 PM
You should plan to make the Pyramid trip in the fall. Even if you have to divorce the wife and sell the house it would be worth it...well, close anyway. ;) ;D

Wolf74
07-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Its quite a drive from Sac, not to mention its probibly not as great if your banking. But for everyone else it'll be a blast hehe

johnbfishin
07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I wish I was driving from Sac., there is always seats to be had but the most fun is shore side anyway.
Not to be a "Richard" but it sounds like you only want to go to a gathering if it's in your back yard. ;D
Trust me, it would be worth your effort.

Steelhead
07-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Really funny things happen when Doc shows up with the margaritas ;D

johnbfishin
07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Not to be a "Richard"
This wasn't meant to have any innuendos to Richard Alves,
My apologies if anyone took it as such.

STURGEONSTOMPER
07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Really funny things happen when Doc shows up with the margaritas ;D

Yea just ask me ;D Pyramid, lets go 8) 8) That was the most fun Ive ever had trout fishin :P Most fish too ;D

Wolf74
07-29-2005, 10:22 AM
But I like my back yard :P ;D