PDA

View Full Version : Help my neighbor

SuperDave
07-21-2005, 09:50 AM
My neighbor caught me in the driveway last night and asked me where his wife and he could bank fish (successfully) within a couple hours of Sacramento. I haven't been on the bank for too long. If you all could provide just a handful of suggestions, we'd both be very greatful.

Thanks,
Dave

jackstraw
07-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I always had good luck at Stumpy off the bank. We just floated powerbait over by the campgrounds or near the dam

BassFooler
07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Collins lake with powerbait or inflated nightcrawlers just about anywhere on the lake. :)

mike22ca
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
What would he like to target? That could narrow things down to a few miles, or be as much as an hour or 2 drive.

Sierra_hillbilly
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
There are mutiple lakes and rivers they could fish. Do they want stripers, bass, trout, pan fish ect. That will narrow it down as said in the prior post.
S_h

SuperDave
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
They recently moved from the east coast. There, it was primarily Atantic fishing. But they would like to learn about some of the opportunities of this area.

The_Big_Sinus
07-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I would point them in the direction of Crystal Basin... I mean, how can one NOT like that. Dark Lake, Silver Creek. Hwy 50 runs by a planted section of the SFAR... Then there's the Silver Fork.

Oh, the want Stripers, well, we got 'em. And they get almost as big as they do back East... I don't catch them, but someone on these boards, does.

Why not send them here to poke around for themselves?