PDA

View Full Version : Body Found at Discovery Park 7-19

mike22ca
07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Well me and my buddy went out this evening after work fishin. Didn't catch any salmon, but he caught about a 30# striper (pics will come later). I dunno whats more crazy though...that he caught the 30#r on the last drift of the night, or the fact that they found a body over there. We were pullin the boat out and getting everything latched down and all of a sudden these white vans and park rangers and stuff rolled up out of no where. We couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. So we decided it would be best to get the hell outta there lol. So my buddy gets home, and his wife asked him was there hella cops there and he was like yeah, how did u know... and she said she had saw something on the news about them recovering a body of a fisherman or something that fell outta his boat last week. I guess they finally found the body today. Anyone else know about this?

Pimpinmeat
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Be thankful you didn't find that on the end of your line. It's always a big fear of mine when I'm fishing someplace where someones gone missing. :-/

Did a search on the internet and discovered alot of drownings in the last month. Couldn't find this one but several others. People need to be more careful with all this water every where this year.

iwishtobe
07-20-2005, 07:42 PM
the sacramento and american river ARE deadly.

ask the DART team, they have lost one of their own.

remember, most fisherMEN, are found with their zipper down!

MadCanoe
07-20-2005, 08:56 PM
I may seem lax on the water. But I grew up at Watt n Fair Oaks. _ Every year without fail. Water can be dangerous. Countless drownings. .2 -=Cy

Wolf74
07-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Yea and when its not the water, its the russian mafia doing their dirty work.

Silver_Streak
07-21-2005, 10:59 AM
All that I can add is ALWAYS wear a life vest! I know it doesn't look cool, but it could save your life. I have an 18ft. boat that I feel very safe in, but I always wear my vest! I cannot tell you how often I see people out on the water that don't have a vest on. The ones that surprise me the most are the guys in the little boats that are around the big boats blowing by ie. Discovery Park area. Be safe, see you on the water!

kromebrite
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
I'll 'jump in' so to speak. I don't know about the body, and I didn't see anything in today's Bee. My two cents are about the river safety, and would add to remind parents about kids in the rivers, specifically the American. The Sac is deadly but it looks intimidating. The American is deceptive in that it can look calm and shallow but is swift and deep. My buddy is trained for and has participated in river recoveries, and he told me some very sad stories of little kid's bodies he has had to pull up. I almost bawled myself just hearing the story of one girl he had to recover. *I have yet to do so, but I am going to say something if I ever see parents not watching their kids at the river. Not be a jerk about it, as the parents aren't likely trying to put their kids in danger. It only takes a second and it's all over :-/

mike22ca
07-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah it's strange...I haven't seen any mention of it either. It was a trip though when out of the blue all those trucks and vans and crap rolled up. We were thinkin what the hell's going on. We thought they were looking for someone.