PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake

MoMoney
07-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Anyone been there and have any info to share with me.I am gonna go there sunday the 24th and spend the week there in the Motorhome with the family.We will be coming home the following saturday.Is it a good catfish lake?I still dont have riggers on my boat as i have been spending so much on my fishing trips I havent been able to sneak enough money away from the wife to buy them.Trout trolling probably not an option?any info on the lake will be appreciated.

FishinFemale
07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Collins Lake? ::) You will LOVE it up there. I have been taking my family there for 10 years. It used to be a "secret", but tends to be very crowded now. Hope you RESERVED a hook-up or good luck.
They stock with 3+ pounders and have many trophy trout and bass in there. (they also tag many of them with different color tags. Catch them and win prizes! Fish the dam area and the bridge at the other end. Trolling is good, but better with riggers since it's so hot.
At night, everyone walks down to the store and gets their FAMOUS ice cream cones!! Don't miss out. Enjoy. I'm jealous.

MoMoney
07-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Thats good to hear!!I got a spot with hookups right on the lake and they said I can anchor my boat right in front of the motorhome.Cant wait!!!

AllFishNoWork
07-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I haven't been there in awhile, 2 years maybe. But thier fishing report I think is usually pretty believable, not a whole lotta tales of people gettin limits. I would think trollin would still get a fish or few, if you can get your bait down to 'em. Or try off the dock after dock. Catfishing I would guess to be red hot right now.

Whatever you do....Get some of that ice cream :D ;D ;D ;)

jon_may
07-20-2005, 07:38 AM
mmmmmm...ice cream good!

tdekens
07-21-2005, 02:50 PM
MoMoney, Fished it for years and have an annual pass. Lake is stocked with rainbows to 10 pounds. Be sure to check out www.collinslake.com If you are trout fishing fish along the dam, by the bridge and right below the powerlines in the cove on the way to the bridge. Between the powerlines and the bridge look up at the top of the trees there. A bald eagle nests there and has at least one eaglette in there. A yearly landmark... Catfishing is very popular there and you can fish the lake at night. Favorite catfish bait is Mackeral followed by worms. The love the flats by the open camping near the dam. For bass the best spots are on the Eastern shore from the damn all the way along the side. If you arent trolling then use Pink powerbait or nightcrawlers. Float em up from the bottom. If you want to troll ask pm me. There is no body of water I have drowned more bait in than collins as far as trolling goes anyways. Dont forget to have the kids pictures taken with their fish they will give you a copy the next day on their board. Awww the ice cream is really killer like they said dont miss it. Again if you want to troll PM me. Will be hotter than he[[ so make sure your AC runs good in the motorhome.
I will be trying to fool some salmon or hopefully find some stupid ones at least.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)