PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird 385ci questions

Fish-N-Cozy
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Got a new Humminbird 385ci for Christmas.
All the fish leaked out of the transponder of my old one. ;)pics later.

Anyway, this dang thing is smarter than I am. (That ain't sayin' much ;D ). Does anybody have this unit and can recommend settings for Pyramid?

Then I guess the settings would be different for Klamath, Feather and other rivers. Any help there.

Thanks in advance.

OYD
02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Those of us who have used Humminbirds for many years have found that the 'bird's auto system works well. I still use two old 'birds out at pyramid as well as other sierra lakes and thwy both work fine in the auto mode. On the other hand, like most of the users of Lowrance products, I find that my Lowrance fishfinder does not work well in the auto mode on those same lakes, so that unit needs plenty of tweeking.
I suggest you start by using the auto mode on your new Humminbird and after using it for a while play some with the power settings to see if it improves anything. You have plenty of screen views on the unit, so become familiar as to how to get to the ones you want to use quickly. Hopefully, the new 'birds work as well in the auto mode as the old units since I just picked up a 768 to replace one of my old units on the little boat and hate fiddling around to get the unit set for fish catching! ;)