PDA

View Full Version : HDS lowrance for the delta.

retired
11-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Wondering if someone with a HDS lowrance w/ insight usa has used there unit in the delta. I keep hearing that I will have to buy a SD card for the unit because it does not have the delta area loaded on the unit. And i will not be able to see all the contours of the bottom. Hope someone will have the answer. I do not want to buy a card if I do not need it. Retired.

ReelJerks
11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Insight USA is suppose to include both Nautic Insight (Coastal/Offshore waters) and Lake Insight (Inland Lakes). One could think that had the Delta covered, but I can't find a real answer.

Edd

kaliona
11-03-2009, 02:58 PM
retired,
read this post I started. I think it answers your questions.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1256459739

retired
11-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks Kaliona
Iam still a little confused. But I will get it down. I may have my 11yr old granddauther come over and show me how to use the graph. Kids now days grow up with computors and us old people have a hard time with them. All i want to do is caught fish. One of these days your fishing graph will be able to pickup football games well your out fishing. already have radio on them. Thanks Retired.

Fishmeister
11-04-2009, 02:59 AM
They can pick up TV now if you go with a high end such as Raymarine or Furano. You need the antenna and subscription to sat TV. The way Lowrance is trying to bring the modular technology to the more modest priced units in their HDS series, don't think it will be long there either.

fish_food
11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Kids now days grow up with computors and us old people have a hard time with them.

Re: Those "old" people who have a hard time with computers.* All the folks who played a part in developing computers and their usage in everyday life are old geezers who passed the senior citizen mark LONG ago. Old people invented 'em!

retired
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
You are right about old people developig the computers. Iam just amazed how fast things change in the world today. Heck I remenber when a 4 track tape player was a big thing to have in your car.Any way I just want to thank all of you for help on the fish graph question I had.* Retired.