PDA

View Full Version : R.V. Sturgeon 3/31/09

newtothegame
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Well me and my buddy launched out of Brannon at about 9am we both wanted to sleep in this morning lol .... got on the water and trolled the west bank to the powerlines ... no hits ...were trolling shallow 5-9' with yozuris/trickworms

checked out a few spots and settled near the middle of the river under the 2nd set of powerlines ... marked a few fish figured it was as good a place as any..

after a few small stripers (had grass shrimp/chovies/dines) ...no shad for bait and hadnt had any luck on roe ...we got another tap tap ...he sets the hook and bingo ...44-45" sturgeon .. cool ..

not 10 mins later ...another sturgeon only this one was about 20" lol ...

then wind picked up and bite slowed ...so we went in and hid behind decker by the 3mile slough bridge .... doh ..caught our anchor on something and had to cut it loose ... meanwhile something went out on one of my ignition controls and couldnt get one of the engines to have any juice what so ever! *so we limped in on one engine but had a great day ...

Then to make matters worse when i get home and wash off the boat i am thinking how am i gonna flush the engine that wont start ....well i try it and guess what ...turned over no problems ... so i am happy that it worked but pissed cuz now i dont know what caused it to stop in the first place ....

oh well such is life with a boat right? :) .... at least one that is 30 years old!~

I heard a few sniffers out there chattering on 68 sounds like you guys caught some stripes! *Great goin!

i will post pics when i download em from my buddys camera...

doneli
03-31-2009, 05:18 PM
thanks for the report...seems like it was a good day after all...you catch some fish and made it safe to the ramp,,,, a lot better than being stuck at work reading the sniffers reports ;D ;D...and good thing that the motor is ok. double check before you go out to be on the safe side..good luck on the next one,.

-doneli-

GN.
03-31-2009, 06:56 PM
then wind picked up and bite slowed ...so we went in and hid behind decker by the 3mile slough bridge .... doh ..caught our anchor on something and had to cut it loose ... meanwhile something went out on one of my ignition controls and couldnt get one of the engines to have any juice what so ever! *so we limped in on one engine but had a great day ...

I caught my anchor on a cable in that same spot. It took quite a lot of work to get it to the surface. My brother and I are both big guys and it too the boat and both of us to get it up high enough to unhook the anchor. The cable is about 1.25" in diameter. I think it used to be used to run a barge across the river when they used to have a sand quarry there. It sounds like you had a good day on the water other than that.

newtothegame
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
yup great day on the water ... the motor ran fine all day ...no problems .. weird ..just stopped ... when i turned the key to that engine no electrical .. like a wire came undone .. i couldnt see anything when i looked underneath ..but who knows ... the other engine was still running and we didnt want to risk shutting that one down and have no engines so we limped back in on one ..

now both of them start right up since its in front of my house lol .. go figure ...grrrr

trust me i do double check everything before i run out ..if i have a problem starting the engines the boat goes back on the trailer and i go home ..im not into vessel assist if i dont need it ...and would never put anyone at risk because of my boat not running right ... not worth it ...

Oh and I was asked if i tried tying the rope to my stern to get it loose ... needless to say no i did not ... :-?