PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS TRUE?

sturgeon_dreamer
01-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I was told a man was caught at McAvoys with 8 Sturgeon one being over size. Has anyone heard of anything like this this past weekend.

If so I hope to hell the PRICK was caught and all of his stuff was taken. >:( >:(

fuenstock
01-19-2009, 08:02 AM
I also read on coastside, that a man out of McAvoys was caught with 9 sturgeon. This was from a week ago and not this past weekend. I wonder if what I read and what you heard is the same story? I hate hearing about poaching, but I like hearing when they get busted. I know funds are getting cut and F&G might be short handed, but they should have some kind of volunteer program for someone who wants to inspect caught fish at the docks. Maybe give that volunteer a discounted or free fishing license after so many hours or inspections..

delta916
01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't think too many poachers are going to cooperate with a voulenteer. Many legal fisherman may not even cooperate with a voulenteer. We need to get more wardens funded to help with this growing problem. How many times were you checked last year? I wasn't ever checked by a warden. I was checked by the angler survey folks a couple of times but they have no enforcement authority. We need more wardens!