PDA

View Full Version : Napa river 9/2

Praveen
09-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Went above cuttings wharf all the way to kennedy park and back. Threw plugs, trolled and soaked bait, nothing doing. It was slow all around for the bankers and others zipping up and down the river. I made a last ditch effort and ran between marker 9 and 7 for the start of the outgo. Same results. Oh well it was a picture perfect day on the River. Hey CJ no luck on seeing your camo dingy but plenty of white ones. My day ended kinda of bad. As I was pulling up to the ramp I slowed down to let the fisherman reel in his line the was in the path of the ramp and suddenly found I could not go forward or in reverse anymore. The engine revs up put I'm not going anywhere? Got towed in luckly I was only 50 yards or so from the dock. It seems something got disenganged or stuck. I started it out of the water and the prop is constantly spinning on it owns at a slow to med speed even in neutral. Damn just got a tune up done a few weeks ago to get ready for the linesider season. Back to the shop I guess. Good luck out there!!!

hotdog
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about your boat trouble (been there, done that). On the bright side, it happened near the ramp, could of been way worse.

Cracker Jacks
09-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for looking ..

sounds llike a linkage issue. Maybe a kink

Sorry about the no fish ...
I'm either dove hunting or hitting the river or both this weekend !! :D

Norcal
09-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Definitely sounds like a linkage problem. Pull the cover off and have a look. My Evinrude has popped the linkage a couple of times. Easy fix.

Praveen
09-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Yup thanks guys. I have to buy a bushing and put it together, it just blew up. Thanks goodness it is nothing serious. Be back out soon. See ya on the water!!!!

tachycardia530
09-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Prav... sorry to hear about your boat.... so does it go at any speed at all? cause you could have spun the hub on your prop... pretty simple fix if thats the case and it sounds like thats what happened...let me know