PDA

View Full Version : stripers at san leandro marina

Nick145
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
does anyone think it will be any good what should i use lures or bait

ratss427
05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I would try $20 dollar bills! [smiley=gorgeous.gif]I couldn't resist. ;)

Prowler
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
You will get more bites with $5 bills, but not as many hook-ups ;)

Nick145
05-08-2009, 03:00 PM
funny but seriously lures or bait

ratss427
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
funny but seriously lures or bait
sorry for the jab, ;).....but,seriously.my two favorite striper baits.which I feel you would have the best luck with ,are pile worms .and anchovie chunks.while anchovie chunks work very well.pile worms ,imho,will catch MORE(not necessarily bigger)bass.during any given time.but, you will have to deal with all of the nuisance fish that pile worms will attract.both of those baits ,will give you the best chance of catching a bass. ;)good luck.

bigeasy8240
05-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Try Rapala X-rap and broken back rebels! 8-) Topwater plugs at early dawn and dusk!

Richard_Kwon
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Do them both with two rods. Soak some bait while casting a plug, swimbait or kastmaster. I also like Rat-L traps at dawn and dusk (actually, anytime). Just make sure you have your two-rod stamp (depending on where you're fishing).

MB_Kevin
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Do them both with two rods. Soak some bait while casting a plug, swimbait or kastmaster. I also like Rat-L traps at dawn and dusk (actually, anytime). Just make sure you have *your two-rod stamp (depending on where you're fishing).
I don't think you can do that in the bay there unless you are fishing off the pier. I wish I could do that in the bay here. :'( The 2 rod stamp don't work in the bay from my understanding of it.

FishingTone
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Do them both with two rods. Soak some bait while casting a plug, swimbait or kastmaster. I also like Rat-L traps at dawn and dusk (actually, anytime). Just make sure you have *your two-rod stamp (depending on where you're fishing).
I don't think you can do that in the bay there unless you are fishing off the pier. *I wish I could do that in the bay here. *:'( *The 2 rod stamp don't work in the bay from my understanding of it.

You're absolutelycorrect on the 2nd stamp Master Baiter! *
You are allow to use 2 rod if you fishing from a jetty or a pier on the bay. Second stamp rod only good for lakes (depend where you're fishing) and inland water (the Delta).
Read the reg. and understand them clearly before you ended up in court paying a high price for that second rod.

Good luck and keep on plugging!

Richard_Kwon
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the clarification MM

HEWESYOURDADDY
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
fishing with artificial lures in the bay or delta the first 3 lures that pop in my mind are fish traps, fish traps, and fish traps! oh and hair raisers. if you want to try some top water action at dusk or first light I like throwing zara spooks.

STRIPER_STEVE
05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I have caught lots of stripers by the airport on hair raisers. Rattle traps are good but with all the hooks can be dangerous.

Carlos
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I have caught lots of stripers by the airport on hair raisers. Rattle traps are good but with all the hooks can be dangerous.

What areas have you hooked up? What kind of retrieve on the hair raisers? Ive had luck at the Hayward Shoreline...never really had any luck at the Marina.