PDA

View Full Version : Striper newbie Salinas River State Beach

fishatcheeken
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I am a newbie. * I have been a fisherman on the local wharf a little. *I have mastered that and now looking for a more competitive sport. *Striper's are suppose to be out in the Beach but I never have fished for them.

Call it a Nintendo shout but would like info on how to fish for them.

When are best times to fish. *The star method on fishsniffer.com seems to work...but when is ideal fishing for stripers.

Double_D
04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I am a newbie. * I have been a fisherman on the local wharf a little. *I have mastered that and now looking for a more competitive sport. *Striper's are suppose to be out in the Beach but I never have fished for them.

Call it a Nintendo shout but would like info on how to fish for them.

When are best times to fish. *The star method on fishsniffer.com seems to work...but when is ideal fishing for stripers.

Welcome to the Fish Sniffer fishatcheecken...and sorry nobody responded to your post, people that fish Santa Cruz and Monterey County beach's will never talk about that area on an open fishing forum, your best bet would be to walk the beaches and start up a conversation with a surf fishermen or talk with some of the fishermen on the wharf you fish at, also might want to talk with your local tackle shop.

Good Luck, DD

weatherguy
04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Chewck out *this other fishing board. Some very nice guys and gals here. *Can be very helpful on local conditions.

Lee

Sorry Lee, I had to edit the link we don't post direct links to other fishing forums on the Fish Sniffer