PDA

View Full Version : Benicia Stripers

hooklinesinker
07-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello fellow sniffers, heading out to Benicia tomorrow for some striper fishing has anyone been out there lately, how's the bite and what are they hitting. Thanks in advance guys.

pinfish
07-28-2008, 08:28 PM
dead on the water sunday. Lots of smelt though. Perhaps you could drift a live smelt for a big striper.

Double_D
07-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Hello fellow sniffers, heading out to Benicia tomorrow for some striper fishing has anyone been out there lately, how's the bite and what are they hitting. *Thanks in advance guys.

Call the local bait and tackle shop they have the hot intel

Dustriver
08-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Anybody hit up Benicia recently?

wmgraphics
09-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Went out on monday. We Hooked into three fish. First one was a decent striper at the end of the tide, lost him at the boat 10+ lbs. 2nd fish was on my buddies pole. The fight lasted about 10 minutes and it popped out. This fish was man handling him. Fought like a big dino or ray ldr. 3rd fish was also an ldr and was real big with huge head shakes. Ran up, down, under the boat a few times and finally line touched the anchor ring at the bow and snap. After 15min and 4 good runs thats all it took. I kept telling him to watch his line but really didn't listen to me. Oh well, live and learn, I expect he'll be better next time, we all have been through it.

All in all good times. Oh all caught on sardine fillets.

Double_D
09-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Thanks for your report

shon42073
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Its to early for stripers in the straight ! It ain't called the world series bite for nothin, october, november man, BE READY ! You snooze and you will loose ! Shallow water 5 ft. or less, ya see the guys in the big boats can't get to em ;D.

pinfish
09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
when the water is dirty, its bait fishing time

when its clear, lure fishing time

LIVAI
09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for all the good info

Delta_Rose
09-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I happened to be in Benicia today and stopped down at the end of the pier to see what was up. One gentlemen was fishing from a pontoon and said he caught an 18 inch striper on live smelt, and I watched another guy fishing from a bass boat caught a few shakers on what the other fisherman said was a RatL trap. It sure looks like a nice place to bank fish.

pinfish
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I happened to be in Benicia today and stopped down at the end of the pier to see what was up. One gentlemen was fishing from a pontoon and said he caught an 18 inch striper on live smelt, and I watched another guy fishing from a bass boat caught a few shakers on what the other fisherman said was a RatL trap. It sure looks like a nice place to bank fish.

I was casting there this morning from 7-9am. I saw the two kayakers, a bait fisher on the shore, and a couple on the pier catching schoolies on bait. Nothing for me.

tkdvellone
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
There is a place you can park and fish before 9th st peir in benicia. They do really good on the stripers there. As you exit military west its a few blocks down on the right. Youll se it it has a parking lot and everything.

Dday
09-24-2008, 10:13 AM
There is a place you can park and fish before 9th st peir in benicia. They do really good on the stripers there. As you exit military west its a few blocks down on the right. Youll se it it has a parking lot and everything.

be careful.. u might have flamed ur spot and soon will be over crowded [smiley=bomblighting.gif]

just an FYI 8-)