PDA

View Full Version : Trolling a spreader

dempsey
08-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi all, I was going to go troll for a couple of hours today and thought I would try out a spreader I bought a while back. I was thinkung about what I was going to rig it with, then I realized I did'nt know if you put say a Hairiser on the short leader and a BBR on the long side or Ratteltrap on the short side and *a white twister tail worm on the long side. *Which one should be chasing the other? *Thanks for setting me straight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dempsey

GoT HeeeeM
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi all, I was going to go troll for a couple of hours today and thought I would try out a spreader I bought a while back. I was thinkung about what I was going to rig it with, then I realized I did'nt know if you put say a Hairiser on the short leader and a BBR on the long side or Ratteltrap on the short side and *a white twister tail worm on the long side. *Which one should be chasing the other? *Thanks for setting me straight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dempsey

we have had ok success with the short time we've trolled with a spreader ...

setup consists of , spreader with a 1.5 foot leader with a swimbait, and then either a rattle trap or BBR tied to a 3.5 foot leader ... most fish have come on swimbait, but some on the BBR

hope it helps