PDA

View Full Version : Baker beach or pacifica?

philosophy
08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Wanted to head out into the bay this weekend. Kind of tired of cathing bass out here in the lakes. Dont have a boat so fishing from shore or pier is the only option. I wanted to go out to either baker beach or pacifica. Which one of the two is the better bet to catch something bigger or any other suggestions would be appreciated. I would also consider some perch. Coming from the San Jose area. Thanks

Double_D
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Wanted to head out into the bay this weekend. Kind of tired of cathing bass out here in the lakes. Dont have a boat so fishing from shore or pier is the only option. I wanted to go out to either baker beach or pacifica. Which one of the two is the better bet to catch something bigger or any other suggestions would be appreciated. I would also consider some perch. Coming from the San Jose area. Thanks

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1211121503

MB_Kevin
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I think he is just looking for general info on any kind of fish. Not the hot striper bite. I went to fort baker pier and got a surf perch and lots of small fish last week. Also some crabs. I have not had time to make it down to the beach here in Pacifica. :'(

philosophy
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
thanks for the info. i wasn't asking about any secret honey spots or anything like that just wanted to know wheres a good place to fish. is there much perch out there in pacifica if there isnt a stripers hitting?

Farrier_Frank
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
There are lots of perch out there. They may not be in the surf you happen to hit that day, but they are all along the coast. The area I fish, when I'm working on the coast (Monterey bay), they can be in my zone in numbers... or be so spread out a couple of fish a day is all you get.

Stripers' are another story. They're out there. But none of us are gonna post where we got them. The picken's are too thin to broadcast the location over the internet. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

pinfish
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
In the past and from my past experiences Baker's beach is probably tougher to fish than Pacifica. Its crowded with sunbathers. Its a bait fishing beach so lots of guys hog up areas with their gear. And the perch bite is tough because of the rip current. Fish early in the morning because the afternoon winds ends your day. Plus there's nudists.

Pacifica has more room and a diverse environment.

philosophy
08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
thanks for the info. im just itching to get some action on the shore this weekend. still cant decide wheres the best place right now.

bigeasy8240
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
If there are NUDIST on the beach, there are fish there too! ;D Trust me! 8-)