PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Bay??

Seon
12-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Any striper report in the bay?
It's been years since I've fished that area when I used to to launch at Brinkman in Vallejo and fished with bullheads or grass shrimp. Looking to go within the next week or two.

Seon
12-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Apparently no one on this forum fishes the bay. I drove over to Vallejo yesterday to the public launch ramp. Counted 10 trailers in the lot so there are fishermen out. The bait shop located at the ramps was closed so I couldn't get a report. Oh well.... :-/.

Double_D
12-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Apparently no one on this forum fishes the bay. *I drove over to Vallejo yesterday to the public launch ramp. *Counted 10 trailers in the lot so there are fishermen out. *The bait shop located at the ramps was closed so I couldn't get a report. *Oh well.... :-/.

Sorry Seon..... myself and a few others here have kind of shut it down for the year, getting ready for the Steelhead opener.....but we all appreciate you posting a report....the only report I've heard was from near the Pump House someone got a few nice fish on fly.....Also give this new Saltwater Striper thread a chance, were only a month old and people haven't caught on yet.

Thanks DD

FisherBoats
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Apparently no one on this forum fishes the bay. I drove over to Vallejo yesterday to the public launch ramp. Counted 10 trailers in the lot so there are fishermen out. The bait shop located at the ramps was closed so I couldn't get a report. Oh well.... :-/.

We fished the Bay on Monday and we caught a 5lber and 8lber and about 2 that was about 12lbs on bullhead, we launched on the Rodeo boat launch ramp and drove about 2-5min out right in the center with all the other boats.

G-whiz
12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
We went out look'n for Sturgeon, last Saturday and picked up a 22 inch striper out by the pump house. Nothin' else but sharks and rays. Where o where can they be?

striperslayer
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
i caught a couple in the 20 in range fishing for sturgeon near the oakland airport last week and a couple other people but now the weathers not looking to good. also a few schoolies in the pinole area with pile worm and grass shrimp.

Ben510le
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
china camp area i heard. I think grass shrimp is the bait to use

reversegut408
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
There's lots of stripers in the berk flats its ridiculous

FishinRaiders
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
lots of stripers at the Berkeley flats means in a couple weeks they will be under the gate and in the surf

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

reversegut408
05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah on Memorial Day almost everyone got limit in Berkeley including us ;D

Ben510le
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
just wondering
how do u catch stripers on the pier?
I fish halibut with live anchovies byjust dropping them under the bridge, does that catch stripers too or should i use another bait and cast it out?

bigeasy8240
05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Yep, chovies under a bobber setup 6 inches from the bottom! ;)

Ben510le
06-24-2008, 08:41 PM
fished san rafael on the weekend
nothing except one bite
super nice hit then splash on the water, then it was gone :(
that was it for the small tide going out

nayr
06-24-2008, 09:51 PM
My brother got one striper up by the san rafael bridge on a shiner, along with some halis. I got one on a storm swimbait fishing the shore in crockett by the tank, that was thursday.