PDA

View Full Version : Bay Trolling?

birddogs
05-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Sniffers,
How come no one trolls for stripers in the bay like we all do in the delta? Is the water to dirty? Has anyone tried it?

Seems to me one could run yo-zuris and bommers the same way we do in the delta with the white worm tail in the bay for stripers.

14_blast
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
My favorite time to troll the bay is in September. We seem to have more success with white hair raisers with a curly tail. Don't get me wrong, bbr's, bombers, rattle traps work, but it seems like the white hair raisers outperform the others...actually, chartreuse head with white skirt and tail.

FishingTone
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Sniffers,
How come no one trolls for stripers in the bay like we all do in the delta? Is the water to dirty? Has anyone tried it?

Seems to me one could run yo-zuris and bommers the same way we do in the delta with the white worm tail in the bay for stripers.

The reasons I think everyone’s rather trolls for halibut over striper right now.
You can catch striper while trolling for halibut, and you can also caught striper while drifting live baits for halibut too.
Most boaters will head outside the gate for rockfish open up in June 1.
Those are a few things I think are why you don’t see lots of boaters trolling or targeting striper in the bay beside shore anglers during the spring run.