PDA

View Full Version : Pics of West Coast Striper Runs 60s-80s?

fbanaria
12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi guys,

You have any pics of striper runs from the 60s-80s? How about posting them here.

Thanks!

Brat Popper

fbanaria
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
There used to be a guy who took videos of striper runs form the late 80s to the early 90s. At that time he said he was compiling a fishing video of striper runs in the SF Bay Area coastline. Wonder what happened to that guy and his video.

Anyone have any pics of these runs please post them here. Doesn't matter where from on the rocks or by the beach.

Thanks and Happy Fishing!

Brat Popper

Mr._Striper
01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
[quote author=brat popper link=1198394807/0#1 date=1199556924]There used to be a guy who took videos of striper runs form the late 80s to the early 90s. *At that time he said he was compiling a fishing video of striper runs in the SF Bay Area coastline. *Wonder what happened to that guy and his video.

His name is Ray Piearo. He was also a person who could out cast anyone in the U.S. He followed me and my friends around Pacifica and San Francisco for a few years. As well others. I've seen the video and its pretty good. I did loose my copy to an ex-girlfriend >:(. Ill see if I can get another one though.
Dang, thinking about it now brings back alot of memeries. I live in Sacramento now so it may take me a few weeks to get ahold of it. If there are any around.

fbanaria
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Mr. Striper,

Thanks for the valuable info. I just sent you a PM. I am interested in getting a copy of that video. He video'd me while fighting and beaching a striper at Mussel Rock one striper run day in June 1990. I thought that maybe I am in his compilation video.

fishindave
03-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow thats a blast from the past, ole ray he used to hang out at the tackle shop in piller point, I forgot the name of it. Along w/bob franko dave modina and all the rest of the gang. My name is dave warner and I used to surf fish the hmb area. Ray got video of me during a salmon run off of the s. jetty of piller point around 1993 or1994, man thats cool. I now live in florida and chase all the warmer water fish that it's known for, dave

Double_D
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow thats a blast from the past, ole ray he used to hang out at the tackle shop in piller point, I forgot the name of it. Along w/bob franko dave modina and all the rest of the gang. My name is dave warner and I used to surf fish the hmb area. Ray got video of me during a salmon run off of the s. jetty of piller point around 1993 or1994, man thats cool. I now live in florida and chase all the warmer water fish that it's known for, * dave

Welcome to the Fish Sniffer...keep checking back with us.

fbanaria
03-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Mr. Striper,

Did you get a hold of another video of the runs taken by Ray? Let us know. I am interested in buying the video, if you can burn one.

Thanks,
Fernando

Farrier_Frank
03-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I'd like to see that video, too. Hope one of you guys can come up with it.

Mr._Striper
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I'd like to see that video, too. Hope one of you guys can come up with it.

No word yet. I do have people out looking for him around the beaches back home. Im sure when the beach action starts up Ill find him. Do time guys, do time.

godson
04-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Ray rarely fishes now he hang glides. How do you guys like his imitation Hummer>